Best Low and Mid Major Players Who Transferred Up Last Year (Spoiler: We Had The Best Two) | The Boneyard

Best Low and Mid Major Players Who Transferred Up Last Year (Spoiler: We Had The Best Two)

Reaction Score

So, these three things jump out, and they’re obviously all connected.
  • Players who transferred from low and mid majors to the Big East improved the most.
  • UConn has the biggest total improvement from players who transferred up.
  • Tristen and Joey California are the two players who transferred up who improved the most.
Man, I love this staff, and I give players so much credit for their commitment, unselfishness, and buy-in.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I mean this is not shocking.

The gap in talent between those leagues and the big east is obviously the smallest so of course they are impactful.
Love the troll. Can’t wait for the responses you’ll get. The only good thing about the AAC besides our Nattie was commiserating with the other ex BE team fans who were relegated to that waste of a conference.

Hope you don’t get buried in your new one.

Reaction Score
One of the best big men in the country, one of the best shooters in the country, and one of the best transfer classes in the country

Recipe for success!

Reaction Score
Love the troll. Can’t wait for the responses you’ll get. The only good thing about the AAC besides our Nattie was commiserating with the other ex BE team fans who were relegated to that waste of a conference.

Hope you don’t get buried in your new one.
It's Cincinnati, they haven't done anything since Eisenhower was president.

They'll always be buried.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score

The gap in talent between those leagues and the big east is obviously the smallest so of course they are impactful.
This is good bait, trolling is a art and you’ve perfected it

Reaction Score
I was going to say give it up. He clearly can't do it with a straight face anymore.
How disappointing is it going to be to turn on Big Monday this season to watch someone like Kansas, K State or even Houston, only to find you're stuck with a Cincinnati or UCF game. Congratulations, ESPN.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
How disappointing is it going to be to turn on Big Monday this season to watch someone like Kansas, K State or even Houston, only to find you're stuck with a Cincinnati or UCF game. Congratulations, ESPN.
B12 put them on sideline for BigEast challenge this year. They don’t want to expose the bottom of the league. I doubt you see them on big Monday ever.

Reaction Score
B12 put them on sideline for BigEast challenge this year. They don’t want to expose the bottom of the league. I doubt you see them on big Monday ever.
I guess folks in Southern Ohio and Orlando who want to watch Cincy and UCF battle it out for 1th place in the Big 12 will need to get ESPN+

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Does this bit get any better, or is this your peak?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

So, these three things jump out, and they’re obviously all connected.
  • Players who transferred from low and mid majors to the Big East improved the most.
  • UConn has the biggest total improvement from players who transferred up.
  • Tristen and Joey California are the two players who transferred up who improved the most.
Man, I love this staff, and I give players so much credit for their commitment, unselfishness, and buy-in.

I am a bit skeptical that this kind of performance by a team or even a conference is repeatable. I think it will be somewhat random year-to-year. These high major coaches are not idiots (with a few exceptions), and they will all have a lot of film to assess for up-transfers. Newton, Calcaterra, Boum and Scheierman are probably 4 of the best up-transfers this offseason. It is worth noting that all 4 joined good teams and did not have to carry their teams this past year.

There are some other examples of up-transfers that had big years for good teams, like Council at Arkansas, but most of the most successful were able to be pieces of a good squad rather than stars. Some of the big years were for bad major conference teams (RJ Williams at LSU) which is not surprising. There is a lot of overlap between the bottom major conference teams and the better mid-majors.

This is why I think St. Johns is going to really struggle this coming season. There are just not a lot of examples of a major conference program assembling a team of mid and low-major players and being successful. Missouri is the only team I can point to that did that.

Reaction Score
Big East Transfers by difference between predicted RAPM vs. actual. Dot size is RAPM.
transferpredict.png

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Big East Transfers by difference between predicted RAPM vs. actual. Dot size is RAPM.
transferpredict.png
Dear lord. Scatter plots
Screaming Oh God GIF by Film Riot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01