Best Live Bands Right Now | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Best Live Bands Right Now

Reaction Score
My friend who invited me has been a member of the Ten Club for about 25 years. The link he sent me indicates about $100 for the corner of the lower bowl, but it's a bit more complicated.

The concert is at the Enterprise Center in St. Louis and we want to hit up a Cardinals game, as well as Gateway Arch National Park.

It'll be a several hundred dollar weekend, for sure. On the other hand, It's been several years since entering the "Skydivin', Rocky Mountain climbin'...2.8 seconds on a bull named Foo Man Chu," phase of my life.

I’m in the Ten Club. You have to enter a lottery. I won, so I won a pair and seat location are based on your seniority member number. It’s a lil over 100 bux per ticket. Tickets are so expensive on stubhub because they only really have 2 East coast dates planned thus far, and they are world class live.

Reaction Score
There most recent record I really liked!!
I'm assuming Uriah Heep? Saw them last summer in Czech Republic - Masteds of Rock 4 day festival. Going again this year - Judas Priest top billling.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Blackberry Smoke puts on a great show.
I want to see how Cindy Lou Who does with her band The Pretty Reckless.
Zac Brown Band has a good show too.

Reaction Score
Frank Turner with or without The Sleeping Souls

Less Than Jake

Four Year Strong

Reaction Score
Springsteen is and always will be the best. But definitely check out Pearl Jam if you can get your hands on tickets.

Got tickets through the 10 club for Fenway last time but forgot to renew my subscription and lost my account.

Reaction Score
Foo Fighters and Los Lobos are great live.

The Blasters are my all-time favorite live band.

My wife has been taking me to a lot of Ghost concerts (10 so far) and they're very entertaining. Ghost @ The Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, NY - May 15, 2018

Oh man.... I've loved the Blasters since the early 80s.... finally saw them a few years back at a club in Collinsville, CT. They opened for Rev. Horton Heat. I think i was the only one there to see the opening act.

Reaction Score
If you like heavy music Power Trip from Texas.

Last year I took my 18 yr old daughter to see Zepperella. Really good all female Zeppelin cover band. Homebase is San Fran but they do play out. Go see them.

if you are ever in the Lou, STL, during Christmas El Monstero are a must see. Phenomenal Pink Floyd act with video lasers dancers acrobats actors. They do Pink Floyd better than Pink Floyd could do these days. They now play songs from every album. 3 hour show for $25. They play a weeks worth of shows. Well worth the trip if you live in the midwest.

Reaction Score
Have enjoyed seeing Tedeschi Trucks Band the last few summers. Before that used to love to see Dave Matthews Band and as always Phish. Does anyone have any recommendations for good touring acts at the current moment?
Lettuce
The Motet
Infamous Stringdusters
Lake Street Dive
West End Blend
Southern Avenue
The California Honey Drops
Vulfpeck
Anderson Paak and The Free Nationals
Did I mention Lettuce??

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Lettuce
The Motet
Infamous Stringdusters
Lake Street Dive
West End Blend
Southern Avenue
Vulfpeck
Did I mention Lettuce??
Saw Southern Avenue at a Blues Festival in PA last summer. Pretty damned good.

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I will add sizzling blues guitarist Christone "Kingfish" Ingram. Mesmerizing.

Davey Knowles out of Wales is really good.

Zac Brown Band, duh.

Local jammers Dead Show with Jeff Martinson.

Stick Figure for new reggae fans.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Uriah Heep was great when I saw them last year as was Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Uriah Heep? I saw then open for Robin Trower over 40 years ago! Do they have more than one song now?

Reaction Score
Uriah Heep? I saw then open for Robin Trower over 40 years ago! Do they have more than one song now?
Robin Trower was awesome and Uriah Heep would surprise you.

Reaction Score
Have enjoyed seeing Tedeschi Trucks Band the last few summers. Before that used to love to see Dave Matthews Band and as always Phish. Does anyone have any recommendations for good touring acts at the current moment?
I just got back from Phish Mexico. If you like Phish, I recommend it highly. Check out The New Motif. Local, but they slay the jam. Btw, Run Away Gin is playing Arch this Saturday. Phish cover band from South Carolina. Theyre good. Also, keep an eye out for Neighbor. Its Richard James’ frm Pink Talking Fish’s originals band. They play every Tuesday night in Somerville mass. So much fun.

Reaction Score
Pigeons Playing Ping Pong, Goose, Umphrey McGee, Billy Strings, Cheese String Incident,
Taz Niederauer (16 yo guitarist you have to see), Lettuce, Joe Russos Almost Dead, Stick Figure
For us old timers - Dead and Co, Phish and Trey Anastasio Band
Pigeons and goose, good calls. Jrad obviously. Tab is so much fun. Goose really gets jammy, I saw them open for Pigeons.

Reaction Score
Where have you seen Big Sam's Funky Nation? I saw them in New Orleans at Tipitina's maybe 13-14 years ago. Didn't know they came round these parts much.
They come to the Funky Biscuit in Boca Raton a couple times a year. They bring it.

Reaction Score
Oh man.... I've loved the Blasters since the early 80s.... finally saw them a few years back at a club in Collinsville, CT. They opened for Rev. Horton Heat. I think i was the only one there to see the opening act.

I saw The Blasters at Toad's Place back in 1995 with the Beat Farmers (who were also great). Best show ever.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I saw The Blasters at Toad's Place back in 1995 with the Beat Farmers (who were also great).
Now you got me harking back. I once saw the Beat Farmers open for Mojo Nixon and Skid Roper.

Reaction Score
I saw The Blasters at Toad's Place back in 1995 with the Beat Farmers (who were also great). Best show ever.
Yes!!!! When in my Plymouth Volare, my friends in college got a steady dose of beat farmers, los lobos, X, blasters, lone justice and Jason & the scorchers.

Reaction Score
Lettuce
The Motet
Infamous Stringdusters
Lake Street Dive
West End Blend
Southern Avenue
Vulfpeck
Did I mention Lettuce??

Krasno isnt with Lettuce anymore right? or the soulive guys join once in a while. I've seen Infamous Stringdusters with Ryan Adams and that was a top 3 show of all time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom