Best Live Bands Right Now | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Best Live Bands Right Now

Reaction Score
Was going to say JRAD- Joe Russo's almost dead, seems like every time they come around to the NYC area, tickets sell out instantly. Havent seen Billy Strings but he seems insanely huge right now.

Tyler Childers puts on a great show as well.

BOTH have been through the Capitol Theater in Port Chester recently (Strings a few times)

Reaction Score
Have enjoyed seeing Tedeschi Trucks Band the last few summers. Before that used to love to see Dave Matthews Band and as always Phish. Does anyone have any recommendations for good touring acts at the current moment?
Believe it or not, The B-52s still bring a lot of energy to their shows. I also like Michael Franti.

Reaction Score
The Drive By Truckers
Sons Of Bill
Jason Isbell
JJ Grey and Mofro
Damon Fowler
The Nights Hawks and Jimmy Thackery
Big Sam's Funky Nation
PaPa John Gros
Saw JJ Grey at the park outside of Wrigley, he's awesome.

Reaction Score
The Drive By Truckers
Sons Of Bill
Jason Isbell
JJ Grey and Mofro
Damon Fowler
The Nights Hawks and Jimmy Thackery
Big Sam's Funky Nation
PaPa John Gros

Where have you seen Big Sam's Funky Nation? I saw them in New Orleans at Tipitina's maybe 13-14 years ago. Didn't know they came round these parts much.

Reaction Score
Going to see Pearl Jam at the beginning of April. They are releasing a new album on March 27, which means I have about a week to fully absorb it before the show.

I saw them in 2003 (Show #1 of "The Boston Experiment") and 2006 at in support of Pearl Jam (1/2 Avocado Album). They were phenomenal back then and I expect more of the same, particularly since they are putting out new material.

How much you pay for those? Want to go but at min they are like $425 at MSG

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Where have you seen Big Sam's Funky Nation? I saw them in New Orleans at Tipitina's maybe 13-14 years ago. Didn't know they came round these parts much.
He usually plays the northeast a few times a year, trying to tie in to festivals if possible. Mrs. 8893 and a bunch of her girlfriends saw him at FTC in Fairfield a few years ago iirc. My family and I have seen him at Crawfish Fest in New Jersey several times over the years. I think he has also played one or both of the Infinity locations in recent years.

Reaction Score
Going to see Pearl Jam at MSG in March.... can't wait. Always a fun show

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
I’ve seen Foals the past few times they have toured. Definitely check them out.
Dating myself here but one of the best live bands ever is Local H. Get past the high fiving mother song... many many great songs. If you go and don’t like the show I’ll pay you back the ticket cost

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
How much you pay for those? Want to go but at min they are like $425 at MSG

My friend who invited me has been a member of the Ten Club for about 25 years. The link he sent me indicates about $100 for the corner of the lower bowl, but it's a bit more complicated.

The concert is at the Enterprise Center in St. Louis and we want to hit up a Cardinals game, as well as Gateway Arch National Park.

It'll be a several hundred dollar weekend, for sure. On the other hand, It's been several years since entering the "Skydivin', Rocky Mountain climbin'...2.8 seconds on a bull named Foo Man Chu," phase of my life.

Reaction Score
I’ve seen Foals the past few times they have toured. Definitely check them out.
Dating myself here but one of the best live bands ever is Local H. Get past the high fiving mother song... many many great songs. If you go and don’t like the show I’ll pay you back the ticket cost
Born to be down

Reaction Score
My friend who invited me has been a member of the Ten Club for about 25 years. The link he sent me indicates about $100 for the corner of the lower bowl, but it's a bit more complicated.

The concert is at the Enterprise Center in St. Louis and we want to hit up a Cardinals game, as well as Gateway Arch National Park.

It'll be a several hundred dollar weekend, for sure. On the other hand, It's been several years since entering the "Skydivin', Rocky Mountain climbin'...2.8 seconds on a bull named Foo Man Chu," phase of my life.

awesome, yeah i got family out in St. Louis, been meaning to go out there and catch a game. Trips like that are worth the money

Reaction Score
Can't help with jam bands. I don't see as many shows as I used to, but I will get out to see Green Day and Muse when they pass through the area. Green Day is a straight forward (alt) rock show. Muse's shows are more of a full multi-media experience.

I haven't seen U2 in a while, but they put on one of the best produced big stage shows.

Reaction Score
Played Westport blues festival not too long ago.

Reaction Score
Los Lobos were just in Hartford and they were great. Not Maroon 5, I would say.

I've seen Los Lobos 8 times in the past 35 years.....they are opening for The Mavericks at Tanglewood in June and headlining at The Indian Ranch in Webster, MA in September. A cool, small, old timey venue on Webster Lake.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom