Best line from John A.'s game article | The Boneyard

Best line from John A.'s game article

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
But at Purcell Pavilion, filled with lime green and championship envy, the two-time defending national champions proved again how irrelevant the calendar is when putting down a challenge from an intense rival.

Sorry, that's probably not worth a thread, but it just made me laugh.

Link

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Yeah I chuckled at that too. I love how they kept flashing the "2001 National Champions" on the screen below the scorers table...since then, UConn has won SEVEN. Way to try and intimidate, ND! ;)

Reaction Score
What is the record now... 34-11? UCONN having won the last three? Remember when ND won 6 of the last 7 or something like that... why have they not say UCONN has won three of the last three ;)

Reaction Score
They keep citing that '2001 Championship game' in St. Louis between UConn & ND. which I witnessed. Least we forget, two of our All-Americans did not play because of season ending injuries ( Shea & Svetlana). Ruth Reilly was their center & half of the time it appeared that she walked with the ball. Nevertheless, with a 30 pt. turn around, they won. Last year ND was the injured team & we won the 'Championship'. It seems, 'what goes around comes back around'.

Jim

Reaction Score
Yeah I chuckled at that too. I love how they kept flashing the "2001 National Champions" on the screen below the scorers table...since then, UConn has won SEVEN. Way to try and intimidate, ND! ;)
I was wondering about that flashing screen at the scorer's table. It seems to me to be an unfair advantage having the screen flickering while the opponent has the ball, but not while the home team does. Surely this must be a distraction out of the corner of the eye while shooting or passing the ball. It is one thing for the home crowd to provide a home court advantage, it is another thing altogether for public address announcer and/or building itself to provide an advantage. If that's not illegal we should have strobe lights in the student section during opponent's free throws!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom