Best Juniors in D1 Women's BB | The Boneyard

Best Juniors in D1 Women's BB

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
That’s the problem with this board, it uses LOGIC and REASONING when talking about WCBB. Why should last years 2 Sophomores who were 1st Team All American and one finalist for this years POY who happens to be a Junior? I just don’t understand the concern....:rolleyes:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Look who's not on the list !!!!

VOTE: Who is the Best Junior in D1 Women's Basketball?

Besides KLS and possibly Napheesa, shouldn't Asia Durr be on this list.
I'd also say that Stevens should be added as well as Ogunbowale and Anigwe. Stevens is technically a junior from a hoops-life perspective. Anigwe is averaging almost 17 PPG and 9 RPG. She shoots 57%, and 55% from beyond the arc (6-11) as a post player.

But yeah, it looks like a silly list missing so many other top juniors and the 3 kids from UCONN should be on the short list for NPOY next season. Personally I think it will come down to Lou and Brown, but we will see what kind of season Collier and Stevens put together, esp with Stevens starting next year...

Reaction Score
That is complete insanity! I could make a whole new poll with Samuelson, Collier, Stevens, Arike, and Mabrey.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
This poll was in late January. Maybe Herosports will have another one that is a little more realistic???

Mister2

Looking for Mister1
Reaction Score
Let's not sweat the small stuff, people. Sites like this that run "best of" lists are a dime a dozen. Do you think any elite player would look back in her career and give such an award even a footnote's mention?

Concentrate on the big stuff, and that means: (1) the 5 major NPOYs; and (2) the 5 WBCA/Naismith position awards. I bet all basketball players would regard winning one or more of any of these awards a highlight of their college careers.

Reaction Score
I'd also say that Stevens should be added as well as Ogunbowale and Anigwe. Stevens is technically a junior from a hoops-life perspective. Anigwe is averaging almost 17 PPG and 9 RPG. She shoots 57%, and 55% from beyond the arc (6-11) as a post player.

But yeah, it looks like a silly list missing so many other top juniors and the 3 kids from UCONN should be on the short list for NPOY next season. Personally I think it will come down to Lou and Brown, but we will see what kind of season Collier and Stevens put together, esp with Stevens starting next year...

I watched Stevens in today's game against Tulane. Stevens came in and Lou tryed to get her the ball immediately and also on the next play. The problem is Stevens doesn't try to be a offensive force by demanding the ball. She misses easy chip shots in close. Commits to many fouls. Has alot of work to do.

Reaction Score

Anigwe (from Cal)? Is there another Anigwe? The Anigwe from Cal has had a forgettable season. Most of the time on the court, she looks like she is asleep? I'm not sure what was going on with her in the UCLA game, but she seem to nearly pass out on 3 separate occasions, and, then magically reappear on the court? What was that all about? In any case, I wouldn't put Anigwe in the same category with these other juniors.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom