Best Interview In The Game | The Boneyard

Best Interview In The Game

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It's Diana. A lock down mind with an economy of expression that takes no prisoners.

"Taurasi: I really didn't know what to expect. I just knew I wanted to play basketball for as long as I could. There are times where I'm like, "Is it time to move on?" And not only basketball, but as far as just your life and career and what's next, but I feel like this is what's next for me. There's just this chapter at the end that I want to maximize. I'm going to do everything I can to play at a high level. I say this to a lot of my good friends: "The minute you see that I suck, tell me and I'm out." Instead of lying to me, someone let me know! "

"I'm not stopping; I don't feel like I should stop right now. Who knows? In six months, it could be a different story. But right now, people ask me what I want to do after basketball ... I'm doing basketball right now. I'm doing everything I can to be on the court. Not to be in the front office, not to coach. My sole objective is to be on the court and to be badass. It's just simple. "

You can be my badass any time D.

Reaction Score
It's Diana. A lock down mind with an economy of expression that takes no prisoners.

"Taurasi: I really didn't know what to expect. I just knew I wanted to play basketball for as long as I could. There are times where I'm like, "Is it time to move on?" And not only basketball, but as far as just your life and career and what's next, but I feel like this is what's next for me. There's just this chapter at the end that I want to maximize. I'm going to do everything I can to play at a high level. I say this to a lot of my good friends: "The minute you see that I suck, tell me and I'm out." Instead of lying to me, someone let me know! "

"I'm not stopping; I don't feel like I should stop right now. Who knows? In six months, it could be a different story. But right now, people ask me what I want to do after basketball ... I'm doing basketball right now. I'm doing everything I can to be on the court. Not to be in the front office, not to coach. My sole objective is to be on the court and to be badass. It's just simple. "

You can be my badass any time D.

anybody see her as a possible UConn head coach at some point in the future? She certainly has the knowledge, intensity and reputation for excellence that any school or recruit would be looking for......

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
If she hasn't already done it, I'd like for Dee to address (including a Q&A) the team in a players only closed door meeting if possible BEFORE the first of the year. Especially since they won't be going home for Christmas.

There are so many things she could share and impart to them. From dealing with Geno, to wanting to be a real "Bad Ass" every time she stepped on the floor. Every player in that room would have "rabbit ears", and would listen to everything she had to say/share. ;)

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
anybody see her as a possible UConn head coach at some point in the future? She certainly has the knowledge, intensity and reputation for excellence that any school or recruit would be looking for......

She certainly would not have to introduce herself on home visits. She has built-in name recognition. No doubt there will be other former players that will be in serious consideration for the job when Geno leaves.

Reaction Score
She’s also got that Geno-esque personality which includes but is not limited to: sarcasm, vivid facial expressions, and unshakable self-confidence.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom