Best Guard Pair in Country | The Boneyard

Best Guard Pair in Country

Reaction Score
I've been wondering about this since the start of the season, and yesterday's game certainly brought this question to a head for me. Who are the best pair of guards in the country? I will confess I have not viewed every top team in the country, but I find it hard to believe that there is a better pair of guards on one team than Crystal and Christyn. Yesterday they certainly made their case that they are better than Notre Dame's guards. Let's just say I look our pair, but I welcome the thoughts of others.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Hard to argue otherwise. I haven't watched many teams play this year. Both Oregon and Oregon St. have a nice pair of guards.

Reaction Score
These might be hard to beat.

1543875205779.png

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Ionescu and Cazorla (Oregon) are really good and they are experienced, a junior and a senior. Loved watching the two of them dismantle Maryland in Bridgeport, 2017 NCAA round of 16. I`ll take CD and CW, though, but the Duck Duo is right there.

Durr (Louisville) is terrific, but not sure what else Louisville has in the backcourt. Similar comment re Slocum (Oregon State).

The strengths of many of the other top teams - Mississippi State and Baylor, specifically - is in the interior.

The ND game was a real eye-opener. After a tough week on the recruiting circuit, soooo great to see our Frosh, esp. CW, perform at such an amazingly high level.

Reaction Score
I've been wondering about this since the start of the season, and yesterday's game certainly brought this question to a head for me. Who are the best pair of guards in the country? I will confess I have not viewed every top team in the country, but I find it hard to believe that there is a better pair of guards on one team than Crystal and Christyn. Yesterday they certainly made their case that they are better than Notre Dame's guards. Let's just say I look our pair, but I welcome the thoughts of others.

Would you have said the same thing before yesterday game?

Reaction Score

As I noted, I was of that mind since early in the season. Particularly based on high I value Crystal. Yesterday Christyn sealed the deal for me. Especially since they completely outplayed a pair of guards who are both on the Wooden watch.

Reaction Score
Oregon State has a stable of excellent guards/wings that Rueck can mix/match any way he desires.

Mikayla Pivec is right there with Jackie Young. Does everything extremely well.

Destiny Slocum is in a league of her own with her ball handling, and ability to break down a defense, score or find open shooter

Kat Tudor: as good as anyone in the country hitting an open 3...multiple times a game

Aleah Goodman: same as Kat Tudor, but, can also create her own shot behind the arc (Aleah led OSU in 3-point shooting last year as a freshman)

Katie McWilliams: senior starter, who is clutch, clutch, clutch.

Best quality of these OSU perimeter players is how well they play as a unit. These kids are tough to guard because they are so unselfish finding the highest quality open shot . Only set of perimeter players I have seen that pass the ball (and move without the ball) like UCONN.

OK, I'm done.

Reaction Score
No. But I also wouldn't say we can go to the moon until after we get there and back, which we did. Yesterday.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
This is one positive to look forward to for next year. UConn will have a stellar backcourt, doubtless the best in the country.

Reaction Score
This is one positive to look forward to for next year. UConn will have a stellar backcourt, doubtless the best in the country.
OSU will have everyone back minus Katie McWilliams. I'll settle for UCONN having the best guards/wings east of the Rockies, and OSU having the best guards/wings west of the Rockies. In my evaluation, I value defense as much as offense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom