• Jess Shephard & Bri Turner

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Lauren Cox & Kalani Brown

Votes: 21 47.7%
  • Tierra McCowan & Anriel Howard

Votes: 14 31.8%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Size seems to be the golden theme this year . Which frontcourt would you label the best?

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
STATE, no contest.

Reaction Score
That’s tough. I’d say Jess and Bri. Probably don’t get talked about enough which is crazy to think about and I feel their getting better playing together as the season goes on. But I’d say when both are playing well it’s Cox and Brown. I really like Anriel Howard shes got a lot of heart and she’s scrappy. McCowan has the size I don’t think she has the skill set of a Bri and Jess tho. I’d like to see Bri and Jess up against both those duos. I think Bri and Jess would have some success. Plus I think Bri and Jess can run the floor better then both those duos. Even tho Howard can run the floor well.

Reaction Score
That’s tough. I’d say Jess and Bri. Probably don’t get talked about enough which is crazy to think about and I feel their getting better playing together as the season goes on. But I’d say when both are playing well it’s Cox and Brown. I really like Anriel Howard shes got a lot of heart and she’s scrappy. McCowan has the size I don’t think she has the skill set of a Bri and Jess tho. I’d like to see Bri and Jess up against both those duos. I think Bri and Jess would have some success. Plus I think Bri and Jess can run the floor better then both those duos. Even tho Howard can run the floor well.

I would have believed this if Pheesa & Lou hadn't destroyed both Shepard & Turner in that 1st game. I was highly disappointed with their ability to miss so many chippies that day. Bad day for them ill agree , but i still don't see them being as effective as Cox & Brown.

Reaction Score
I would have believed this if Pheesa & Lou hadn't destroyed both Shepard & Turner in that 1st game. I was highly disappointed with their ability to miss so many chippies that day. Bad day for them ill agree , but i still don't see them being as effective as Cox & Brown.
That was a bad day for both of them. I think since then they’ve continually developed a chemistry plus the passing inside has gotten better. Both usually don’t miss bunnies like they did that day. Granted sometimes they do. Both have been having stronger hands also. Like I said when Cox and Brown are both playing well I think their the best. But Brown has been on and off this season same with McCowan. I usually can get consistentancy out of Bri and Jess.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Not gonna vote because I'm clearly biased. I'll just say I hope they all see each other along with Geno and his ladies in Tampa. That would be a great FF.

Reaction Score
State vs Baylor would be a dream matchup ![/
Would be a great game. If both teams are on, I would pick MSST. Certainly biased viewpoint. Hope it occurs in Final Four!

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I think it's Baylor or Mississippi State.

Baylor's duo is the biggest and they work extremely well together. Both are terrific rebounders and are capable hitting shots from the high post. Offensively they're very well synced and can play well together, although both are somewhat streaky performers. Defensively Brown isnt elite but Cox is strong with her shot blocking and length. Really difficult to match up against. Perhaps even more difficult is you have a really smooth 6-3 forward in Smith off the bench along with a very athletic 6-5 post in Egbo.

For Mississippi State, Anriel Howard is playing more of a 3 offensively and is the strongest off the dribble of the 6 players noted. They're definitely the best rebounding duo and the best defensive duo. McCowan has shown shes more foul prone this year and if she is out Mississippi State becomes very vulnerable. McCowan is the weakest of the bunch offensively, and you don't really see McCowan/Howard working together much offensively like you see from Cox/Brown, but both bring strengths to the table and are very difficult to match up against.

Notre Dame's duo is very good but they are not as difficult to match up with since neither has immense size. Both are great players and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they outplay the opposing duos head to head, but in terms of planning to match up with ND, it's less intimidating matching up with ND's posts vs. the other 2 teams. A lot of teams have a shot to score inside and win the glass battle against ND where that isn't the case with Mississippi State or Baylor.

That said, Notre Dame as a team is more difficult to match up with because you have a phenomenal scorer in Arike, a deadly shooter in Mabrey, and a do-all player in Young. All of their starters average 13+ppg and each can go off for 30 on a given night.

Also think Hebard/Sabally could be on here, they're a terrific duo.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well since Stanford's front court crushed Baylor's, do they get a vote? Problem is I'm not even sure who it is other than Alanna Smith. Fingall is done for the year w/ an injury. Dodson has been out several games. Jerome started the most recent game. Coffee usually doesn't play much but had a big game against Baylor.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Well since Stanford's front court crushed Baylor's, do they get a vote? Problem is I'm not even sure who it is other than Alanna Smith. Fingall is done for the year w/ an injury. Dodson has been out several games. Jerome started the most recent game. Coffee usually doesn't play much but had a big game against Baylor.

Baylor's duo is inconsistent. Both have had very up and down games through the first half of the year. When they're on, they're as good as any duo in the nation. When they're off, they can be pretty bad like we saw vs. Stanford. If I'm a 2-4 seed, I'm excited at the prospect of Baylor vs. playing a team like Mississippi State or Notre Dame because you're more likely to catch Baylor on an off night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom