Best Fried Chicken in CT | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Best Fried Chicken in CT

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I should have put this plug in the earlier conversation. Parkville Market opened during COVID on Park Street. It's a like a smaller Quincy Market in Hartford. It's great, I hadn't heard about it before. I had craft beer and a generous order of delicious jerk chicken. They have all cuisines and it was a true melting pot when we went last week. It will be a perfect pre-game spot for a bite before XL games.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Thighs are criminally underrated.

Somewhat OT, but this is a staple meal item in our house and among most of our friends. We call iit Crack Chicken because it's just about as addictive. And it's about the easiest thing in the wold.

Mix roughly equal parts Montreal steak seasoning, lemon pepper, garlic powder and smoked paprika (or adjust the proportions to your liking). We keep a jar of this pre-mixed at all times.

Put bone-in, skin-on thighs in a baking dish (don't use bonless/skinless). Season both sides fairly heavily with crack chicken seasoning mix.

Pre-heat oven to 450. Starting with thighs skin side up, put them in the oven and immediately turn heat down to 400. Bake for ~25 minutes skin-up (adjust times based on thigh size), flip to skin side down bake for another 25, flip one more time so they finish skin-side up and bake for another ~25 or until they are well browned.

You're welcome

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Somewhat OT, but this is a staple meal item in our house and among most of our friends. We call iit Crack Chicken because it's just about as addictive. And it's about the easiest thing in the wold.

Mix roughly equal parts Montreal steak seasoning, lemon pepper, garlic powder and smoked paprika (or adjust the proportions to your liking). We keep a jar of this pre-mixed at all times.

Put bone-in, skin-on thighs in a baking dish (don't use bonless/skinless). Season both sides fairly heavily with crack chicken seasoning mix.

Pre-heat oven to 450. Starting with thighs skin side up, put them in the oven and immediately turn heat down to 400. Bake for ~25 minutes skin-up (adjust times based on thigh size), flip to skin side down bake for another 25, flip one more time so they finish skin-side up and bake for another ~25 or until they are well browned.

You're welcome
Thanks. Pretty much exactly what my wife makes as a staple for every family gathering; always a hit.

Montreal seasoning = salt, and, like butter, that always works.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Thanks. Pretty much exactly what my wife makes as a staple for every family gathering; always a hit.

Montreal seasoning = salt, and, like butter, that always works.
Yep, most lemon pepper mixes have salt in them also, so double the pleasure. Show up at any party with this, and it's almost always the first food item to dissapear.

Tip: pairs pretty well with a salad and a baked sweet potato (if you're into that)...or just eat nothing but chicken.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom