Best Duo in Uconn histrory? | The Boneyard

Best Duo in Uconn histrory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ben and Mek its not even close
others-Rip and Khalid , Ray and Donyell, Kemba and Jeremy, AJ and Hasheem, its tough to say who is the 2nd best but the best duo there is no argument.

Reaction Score
Too tough to choose between Rip/KEA and Kemba/Lamb

caw

Reaction Score
At UConn Ben and Okafor, but in their primes I would take a team of Ray Allen and Donyell two on two versus any other pair.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
I'd agree #1 is Emeka and Ben by a long shot. I'd also say Rip and Khalid are #2 by a long shot. I also think people are getting a little carried away by including Kemba and Jeremy in this conversation.

Reaction Score
Definitely not carried away. Kemba and Jeremy were the absolute reason why UConn won the championship last year. Sure we had Oriakhi, but Mek and Ben needed Rashad's 3 and Boone's timely rebounds vs. Duke or that team might not win it all.

Reaction Score
I'd agree #1 is Emeka and Ben by a long shot. I'd also say Rip and Khalid are #2 by a long shot. I also think people are getting a little carried away by including Kemba and Jeremy in this conversation.

I think people are going to have different opinions on this based on the lack of criteria. "Best" means "most important to their team" to some, to others, it might mean "who would win in a 2v2 matchup," to others, something else entirely, like two players who best complemented each others' game.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
Rip and Khalid -- they helped bring home the first title, had contrasting yet complementary personalities and you always felt they wouldn't let us lose.

Reaction Score
Ben and Mek its not even close
others-Rip and Khalid , Ray and Donyell, Kemba and Jeremy, AJ and Hasheem, its tough to say who is the 2nd best but the best duo there is no argument.
Wouldn't put AK and Hakeem above Ben and Mek. A case could be made that they were the best.

Reaction Score
Nadav and Scotty.

#2 and #3 in the nation in steals in 1989-90.
Nadav wouldn't even make my top 20 list. He anticipated passes well and made steals but he got beat on D by just about everyone he played against. He was a good but not great player overall.
One of my favorite Uconn stories involved Dav:
An older Jewish lady and her daughter showed up at a practice and the mom tried to set up her daughter with Nadav. I guessed the woman was pretty aggressive and the players and coaches were rolling with laughter. After that day his teamates started calling him :"Lovie Dov".

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Art Quimby and Vin Yokabaskas. They paved the way for George Uhl picking UConn and the rest is history.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
Uncle Cliffy & Phil Gamble

Who brought you the 1st Championshp of the JC Era - NIT - party like it's 1988!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom