Best Covers of Rock Songs | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Best Covers of Rock Songs

Reaction Score
This David Bromberg version of Mr Bojangles is to me the top of the mountain, the very best rendition. About half way through I love his recollection of Jerry Jeff's origins of the song...just great stuff.

Reaction Score

sung by Dan Bern, for those not familiar with Bern, a unique, prolific songwriter but here he covers. If so inclined, check out “ Estelle”, “Tiger Woods”,“Oh Sister“, or “Talking Woody, Bob, Bruce and Dan Blues” to get a feel.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Like some other songs, I had no idea this was a cover for the longest time. Originally an early Fleetwood Mac song, much different sound than their later hits.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I know acapella artists can create some amazing sound effects with their voices...but you're telling me there are NO drums at all in this song?! :eek: My ears don't believe what they're hearing.
Kevin, the young man on the lower left does most of the percussion's with some help from Avi, the one on the lower right. The only non human factor of the whole song was Mitch's use of the mega-phone.

Last edited:

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Sorry about the intro. I don't watch these rigged talent shows but this one popped up on my FB Watch and I really enjoyed her version of the song. I guess Mark thinks that I should be watching them...

@MSGRET And if talent shows don't count, I have no problem with that...again, I was really taken aback by her take on the song.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
There are multiple covers of this Radiohead song, but I was floored by this version (big Lucifer fan here)

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
All of the instruments and the singing was done by Sina who was 17 when she posted it.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Jeff Buckley covering Leonard Cohen. Historic cover. A book was written just about this song. 187 Million views of this in Youtube.

And a documentary will soon be released.

Hallelujah: Leonard Cohen A Journey, a Song new clip official – Venice Film Festival 2021

That was nice, but I like this one just a bit more and they have over 635 million views.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Johnny Cash's cover of Nine Inch Nail's "Hurt" is raw, restrained and poignant. He wasn't going to try and echo the haunting industrial rock of Trent Reznor's original. Cash was a legend closing in on the end of his life and the song's pulsing guitar sounds give Cash's "Hurt" a sense of urgency. In the end, it becomes a tour de force that even Reznor called "every bit as pure."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom