Best Comedians You Have Watched | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Best Comedians You Have Watched

Reaction Score
Glad you mentioned Jeni. Another who died way too soon. I felt he was really starting to his stride with his final HBO special. Deeply troubled man, but well-respected in the comedy community.

Saw him at a small club in Denver in 1999. I still think that is the funniest show I have ever seen live. Followed him closely until he killed himself — a damn shame.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Saw him at a small club in Denver in 1999. I still think that is the funniest show I have ever seen live. Followed him closely until he killed himself — a damn shame.

That got me thinking of what the funniest show I've seen live was. And I think the one I laughed hardest at was Rich Hall, who I saw at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in '96 (and everyone should experience this at least once). I think part of it was the setting, the fact that I'd seen several UK comics and didn't get all the references (and sometimes couldn't decipher Scottish and Irish accents), so I was looking forward to a US comic. But Hall might be the quickest on his feet of any comic I've seen, and there have been many. He rarely tours the US, but he's huge in the UK and Australia.

Btw, have to ask if Johnny Rizzo is still working the clubs in CT. Back in the 80s it seemed he opened for everyone, including the worst show I ever saw, which was Dice at the Treehouse back in the 80s. After his opening nursery rhyme bit, he was truly awful. People were actually asking for Rizzo to come back on. Rizzo had a face for comedy and with all the love for Maniscalco on here, maybe it's finally his time, lol.

Reaction Score
Only one mention so far for Gaffigan - he's great. No mention of Brian Regan ? Seen him 6 or 8 times. Outstanding.

Other guys that are fairly new that haven't been mentioned - Chad Daniels and Ian Bagg. Bagg does basically nothing but improv, goofing on the crowd. Has at least one special on Amazon. Seen him live, still all goofs on the crowd and hysterical.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
No Newhart or Gobel?
In a similar vein, for some reason when I was tossing and turning around 4 a.m. today I was thinking that no one mentioned Jonathan Winters. I loved him when I was a kid. Loved Bob Newhart, too.

Reaction Score
In a similar vein, for some reason when I was tossing and turning around 4 a.m. today I was thinking that no one mentioned Jonathan Winters. I loved him when I was a kid. Loved Bob Newhart, too.
Newhart was the master of dry wit. Midwestern, "aw shucks" persona. Not flamboyant, but seems like a nice guy.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Was at Back East Brewing Co. Saturday night for some comedy and brews. There is this guy out of NYC that had my eyes watering during his whole set. He does the dark stuff. Very funny. Great timing. Great flow.

Gianmarco Soresi

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

I see she will be in Monroe, CT on August 30. At South Farms.

I saw this as I was looking at the Grace Potter gig on the 22nd.

Reaction Score
I saw Chappelle at a small comedy club in SF around ten years ago. It was a small, intimate thing and he basically chatted with the audience the entire time. This was after he had walked away from his TV show and nobody had really heard from him in a while. I think he's a genius.

Another that I saw live that I haven't seen mentioned is Lewis Black. Very funny man.

And someone earlier in the thread mentioned seeing Rodney Dangerfield on campus in the early 80's. I think I was at that show too. My memory was being disappointed in his act as it was all material that was on his comedy album. I also remember the crowd heckling pretty brutally.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I saw Chappelle at a small comedy club in SF around ten years ago. It was a small, intimate thing and he basically chatted with the audience the entire time. This was after he had walked away from his TV show and nobody had really heard from him in a while. I think he's a genius.

Another that I saw live that I haven't seen mentioned is Lewis Black. Very funny man.

And someone earlier in the thread mentioned seeing Rodney Dangerfield on campus in the early 80's. I think I was at that show too. My memory was being disappointed in his act as it was all material that was on his comedy album. I also remember the crowd heckling pretty brutally.
So, basically, he was getting no respect at all?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom