Best Coach with no championship | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Best Coach with no championship

Reaction Score
Mike Rhoades will be the name casual fans will know by March.

Few, Barnes, Painter, Marshall, Beard, McKillop, Randy Bennett.

Speaking of Barnes, what a great job he's been doing recruiting at Tennessee. In the '19 and '20 recruiting season, Tennessee has gotten 4 of their top 9 recruits in 247's database. All of these guys are 6'5 or 6'6 and between 180 and 200.

The 2020-2021 season will look really interesting with those four guys plus a 6'4 Victor Bailey from Oregon and Jordan Bowden/Yves Pons playing their senior year. If everyone sticks around that's six strong guys between 6'3 and 6'6...crazy depth.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Anyone who say DH with a straight face are out of their minds
He isn't even in the same continent never mind zip code as Few, Marshall, Cronin, Mack, Beilen, Carnesseca, , Barnes, Larranaga, McKillop, Drew Huggins
Not saying he can't be but not even close now or 5 years from now

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Same could be said if Anthony Davis didn't go to Kentucky too :)

I'm slightly biased but definitely think it's Few as has been mentioned. Dana Altman would be an interesting candidate as well.

I think some people forget this dude only has 1 title. That's so wild.

I really dislike him!

Lots of good answers - I actually hate Sean Miller's coaching less than most, although you can't deny him choking in recent years.

I think resume-wise you look at Few, Marshall and Huggins for sure and then there are guys like Hurley, Beard, Holtmann and Mack that could be on there soon as well. Musselman, Oats and White from FL are also excellent coaches but obviously super early for a few of them.

Reaction Score
Gonzaga’s Mark Few
All Time Winning% 82.3 in almost 700 games
He’s never had a losing record. In fact, he only had double-digit losing seasons twice since coaching at Gonzaga in 1999. Consistently in top 10 every year, and well deserved.
Gonzaga is a poor mans Uconn. It'd be nice to see them win one. I though last year was going to be the year but nope.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
Few followed closely by Marshall for active coaches & Lou Carnesseca for former coaches

Reaction Score
Gonzaga is a poor mans Uconn. It'd be nice to see them win one. I though last year was going to be the year but nope.

Wait... I thought we were poor (kidding, kinda sorta). I think they’ll get one in the next 5 years unless Hurley has something to say about it :)

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I’ll say Few, Huggins, Barnes.

Reaction Score
I'd say Few, Barnes, Miller and I'd have to throw in Mike Brey into the mix as well.

Reaction Score
???
I know Melo won them a championship, but when has the picker ever been in a "best coach" conversation? Or a best anything conversation for that matter.
Probably being facetious, but I know 2003 was billed as a face-off between the two best coaches without a title.

And Few is the correct answer.

Reaction Score
Probably being facetious, but I know 2003 was billed as a face-off between the two best coaches without a title.

And Few is the correct answer.
Boeheim's a d/bag and an a/hole, but he's also a very good coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom