Best chance for AA this year? | The Boneyard

Best chance for AA this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Dolson. Not first team with Griner around but very likely an All American.

Reaction Score
I would say Steph and KML.
Who do you think?

KML is a freshman; Highly unlikely.
Stefanie, highly likely.
Tiffany, likely with a good season. Being at UConn increases her chances.
Bria, has an outside shot. Her chances increase if UConn has a better than expected season.
Kelly, her chances are slim primarily because AA teams tend to reward offense.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Dolson or Hartley or both! I think Tiffany is gonna have to have a spectacular season to be an AA. She has been to inconsistent over the course of her first 3 seasons. She can do it, but I think she is gonna have to work at it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
KML is a freshman; Highly unlikely.
Stefanie, highly likely.
Tiffany, likely with a good season. Being at UConn increases her chances.
Bria, has an outside shot. Her chances increase if UConn has a better than expected season.
Kelly, her chances are slim primarily because AA teams tend to reward offense.
Excellent question from Sonny. I think we have 5 players who may get Honorable Mention or better recognition. Which one or ones really stand out?

I'll assume a 10-player team. The 5-player AP team is really tough competition, and Nneka, Britney, and Skylar probably have 3 of those 5 slots sewn up.

If it is NOT by position, I can see Stef making it. She may be the #2 center in the nation. (I'm not sure who is playing center at Stanford.)

Tiffany is our best known player, has a career record of 114-2 and perhaps the most talent.

I can see Bria having a shot at it. She will be the PG on perhaps the #1 team. Maybe her time is the following year.

If Kelly shoots a higher percentage and scores 12+, she has a chance, especially with some good PR.

Frosh do not normally make it, but I think Elizabeth Williams and Kaleena could be top 10 players nationally by the end of the season. In her freshman year, Maya, along with Candace Parker, was arguably a top -2 player in the nation. Will Kaleena get the same opportunity and come through? Again, it depends on PR. Breanna Stewart could be a first-teamer as soon as next year.

This team is different. I think we have a lot more balance than last year. Hopefully, one player will stand out. Maybe multiple players.

Reaction Score
Biggest challenge for Dolson is that Maya isn't around. Previously, Maya was the top focus of the defense; this year, I imagine that Dolson will be.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Biggest challenge for Dolson is that Maya isn't around. Previously, Maya was the top focus of the defense; this year, I imagine that Dolson will be.

+1

While we should be more balanced this year, I agree that much of the opponents' attention will likely shift to Stef

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
+1

While we should be more balanced this year, I agree that much of the opponents' attention will likely shift to Stef
If it does we will eat them alive from the outside.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm in the Dolson camp.
Doty if she stays healthy all season.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
UConn will have 4 AA's this year. Not sure what teams, but honorable mentioned and higher.

Hayes, Dolson, Hartley and KML.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Best chance for AA this year?

Best chance for "AA?" My vote is for UCBart, especially if UConn is involved in a lot of nailbiters and close games.

Oh, wait...you meant "All-American." Never mind. :)

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I agree with the poster who said that Bria has an outside shot. And if she hits a lot of them she might become an inside shot at AA.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I agree.
If they pressure the inside too much KML and Bria will gun them down.
And Tiff. Even though she can be hot and cold, she will take the open 3 and if they double dolson, Stef will find someone open.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
And Tiff. Even though she can be hot and cold, she will take the open 3 and if they double dolson, Stef will find someone open.
That is the great gift of having a kid like Stef who can pass so well out of the post.

Reaction Score
My heart says Stef. My head says Stef will have to wait til next year. This year our best chance (and I admit I don't think it's a good one) is Tiff, if she can put together a consistent season, which I fervently hope she can.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My heart says Stef. My head says Stef will have to wait til next year. This year our best chance (and I admit I don't think it's a good one) is Tiff, if she can put together a consistent season, which I fervently hope she can.
My head says Stef by a small margin. The Big Girl was a force late last season.

My heart says Tiff. She seems like a great kid and has put in 3 years (114-2). She has been on the Wade Watch List 3 times. When she is on her game, no one is better.

I would also like to see KML compete. To make the AA list as a frosh, you have to be really special and will become a NPOY candidate. It goes with wearing #23. :)

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
I think it is Bria Hartley. She will have the keys to the offense and a lot of what other players will be able to do is dependent on her running the screen and roll and her dribble penetration (and either getting to the rack, getting fouled, or dishing to open shooters in the corners or on the wings).

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I don't think there is a shoo in (or is it shoe in?) AA on this years team. I think they will have to scratch to get an HM. If anyone has a chance it may be Hartley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom