best case scenario: conference | The Boneyard

best case scenario: conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So I am past firing all administration at uconn by next year. So what is best case scenario for us and best fit.
Big 10, ACC, Big 12, BE

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
B1G...they have to know by now that they got duped by Rutgers claiming that they are NY's team. I could understand people falling for Syracuse's fake claim to the NY throne but Rutgers?!...come on

The B1G wants that east coast expansion and we would seem to be an ideal fit in that sense. It really is tough to envision us being sought after in any conference expansion/realignment with the state of our football program.

I really expected Diaco to have his team show some promise this year and instead we became even more of a laughing stock. Memphis won the AAC after being dreadful for years and now they are being linked to the Big 12, talk about capitalization if that comes to fruition

Ultimately I say we are doomed to the AAC for all eternity

Reaction Score
So I am past firing all administration at uconn by next year. So what is best case scenario for us and best fit.
Big 10, ACC, Big 12, BE

Chaos! The pro expansion leader Oklahoma fights with the anti-expansion leader, Texas, blowing up the XII. The B1G expands to 20 by grabbing Missouri (WV to ACC, Louisville to SEC with Baylor) in for , Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, UConn, and ND (get East Coast & Texas exposure). UConn ends-up in a 5 team pod int he B1G consisting of 1) UConn, 2) Rutgers, 3) Maryland, 4) Penn St, 5) ND.

This happens right after I wake-up in bed with Scarlett Johansson...

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
It would be best if the Big12 was reluctant towards whoever they wished to add. It the meantime, Herbst and Ward need to lobby like crazy - to the Big12, the B1G, and the ACC.

If the Big12 was "unsure" who they're going to add, say it be Cincinnati, UConn, Memphis, Houston, UCF, etc, it could put pressure on the B1G and the ACC to not lose NYC area. UConn might then receive an invite to one of the later, simply by playing their cards correctly. This, however, has like a 5% chance of occurring.

With that being said, Warde is monitoring the situation.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
There is no question in my mind that the best case and best fit for us is the B1G, and there is no question in my mind that our administration believes the same and has made that its primary long-term goal with respect to conference realignment.

Reaction Score
Taking a 2 year break on an island- slipping rum drinks and watching women role by in bikinis- watching UCONN games via internet connection- then come home and "might only" have two more years of this before something happens.
It's painful- best to break off the relationship to this topic (that has been beaten like a dead horse) before we get too attached again.
No one knows anything- everyone wants the Big or ACC- and that's not happening this year nor most likely next year.
Enjoy being the king of the dung heap as long as we are in the ACC. Sure hope football shows up next year.

Reaction Score
:):)
Chaos! The pro expansion leader Oklahoma fights with the anti-expansion leader, Texas, blowing up the XII. The B1G expands to 20 by grabbing Missouri (WV to ACC, Louisville to SEC with Baylor) in for , Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, UConn, and ND (get East Coast & Texas exposure). UConn ends-up in a 5 team pod int he B1G consisting of 1) UConn, 2) Rutgers, 3) Maryland, 4) Penn St, 5) ND.

This happens right after I wake-up in bed with Scarlett Johansson...
You won't be nearly as disappointed when this doesn't happen as Scarlett Johansson would be waking up next to you.:)

NotADimeBack

Give me my avi back
Reaction Score
Best fit doesn't matter at this point.
If UConn gets left out again,
mens basketball really is setup to be doomed in the future.
Big 12 needs some schools,
UConn needs p5 money to stay afloat with the likes of other programs. Many who don't deserve to be in a p5 in the first place. This (big 12) is what is available, and the school leaders, administrators, boosters, whatever, need to fight for a spot and not get chumped again. Or they need to go

Reaction Score
The best case scenario is the Big 12 not adding but subtracting. UConn and Texas to the B1G

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
The Pac 12 becoming the Pac - 16 adding Texas, Oklahoma, OSU and perhaps BYU or another Texas school.
The SEC, wanting to keep up with the Pac-16, adds Florida State and a school from the now defunct Big 12. The Big - 10/14 becomes thh Big -16 (their new logo looks like 16 to me) by adding a few schools. The ACC, knowing that they need to get to 16, adds UConn and two other schools.

Four conferences, each at 16, with UConn being in the Atlantic Coast Conference.

Reaction Score
The Pac 12 becoming the Pac - 16 adding Texas, Oklahoma, OSU and perhaps BYU or another Texas school.
The SEC, wanting to keep up with the Pac-16, adds Florida State and a school from the now defunct Big 12. The Big - 10/14 becomes thh Big -16 (their new logo looks like 16 to me) by adding a few schools. The ACC, knowing that they need to get to 16, adds UConn and two other schools.

Four conferences, each at 16, with UConn being in the Atlantic Coast Conference.

The ACC currently has 15 teams not 13 so just needs to add one, UConn to get to 16. The only positive I see in the Big 12 expanding is that Cinci will no longer be an option for the ACC, and we are literally the only school left for them to take if they go to 16.

Reaction Score
Before or after your arraignment?

Right before my funeral. At my age, my heart would not be able to handle the ego trip of waking-up in bed with Scarlett Johansson never mind any deeds that we or my imagination may have participated in.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
The ACC currently has 15 teams not 13 so just needs to add one, UConn to get to 16. The only positive I see in the Big 12 expanding is that Cinci will no longer be an option for the ACC, and we are literally the only school left for them to take if they go to 16.
Florida State and Clemson have been targeted before by the SEC, and it will happen again. SEC wants a stockpile of football.

Reaction Score
We're going to be in the AAC. No idea what the AAC will even look like in the coming years, but UConn will be part of it.

Pie in the sky dream, at this point, is an ACC invite. I've always held that the ACC is where we belong.

Reaction Score
Florida State and Clemson have been targeted before by the SEC, and it will happen again. SEC wants a stockpile of football.

Do you mean the XII? Within the SEC, U Florida would (and has) block any attempt by Florida St to join and ditto with respect to Clemson and U South Carolina.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Do you mean the XII? Within the SEC, U Florida would (and has) block any attempt by Florida St to join and ditto with respect to Clemson and U South Carolina.
SEC as well...

Reaction Score
The only good thing about the American Conference is that they left the name so Generic we could potentially add any team from anywhere and it would fit fine. Personally i think we fit best with the ACC.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Once we finally pull the plug on football, the A-10. None of you guys are hitting the lottery and UConn will never get into a P-5 conference. Both are pipedreams.

Reaction Score
B1G...they have to know by now that they got duped by Rutgers claiming that they are NY's team. I could understand people falling for Syracuse's fake claim to the NY throne but Rutgers?!...come on
People who say this demonstrate an utter lack of understanding of the B1G expansion.

RU never claimed they were NY's team. B1G never envisioned them as being NY's team. B1G never even cared about RU athletics, besides the fact that they exist as a stage to put B1G powers on the tens of millions of TV screens in Philly, NJ, and NY (also, AAU helps the fit look better). If they cared about quality athletics, UConn would have been taken.

Same exact thing for Maryland and DC

Reaction Score
I think our dreadful football program isn't even what's holding us back. Rather, it's the lack of a good "partner" to join any P5 conference with. The only strong/reasonable candidates outside the P5 right now (i'm sure i'll miss a few, and overstate a few) are Uconn, boise state, ucf, usf, memphis, cinci, temple, sdsu, and the independents (army, navy, byu, ND). In my mind the only scenario for us is to get picked up with one of the independents. Army and navy don't seem too likely so we're more or less waiting on ND to suck it up and join a conference...which isn't happening any time soon with the TV contract they've got.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Not so sure that our football program's struggles are the main thing holding us back. The Big 12 or Big 10 know that we would improve pretty fast in football if we were invited into those conferences. Say what you want about Diaco, but the dude would be a great recruiter in a major conference.

Warde has to start being more aggressive though. I want to how he keeps his job sometimes.

Reaction Score
Texas, Baylor, Oklahoma, OK State to Pac 12, UConn and Kansas to Big 10.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
RipCity said:
Not so sure that our football program's struggles are the main thing holding us back. The Big 12 or Big 10 know that we would improve pretty fast in football if we were invited into those conferences. Say what you want about Diaco, but the dude would be a great recruiter in a major conference. Warde has to start being more aggressive though. I want to how he keeps his job sometimes.

How do you have any idea how aggressive he is?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom