Best BBQ in CT | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Best BBQ in CT

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Hope to see you dove.
My wife said she had met you but it was Konopka at a private party he played at. I had mentioned a guy you play with was drumming that night. I don't think you met her before.

Who were the bass and 2nd guitar guys?

And was that you know who there? Surprised by that appearance

Sound system was great. I think the board guy was off

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Our first visit to Mission BBQ was really good. Great ribs. Great beans and brisket. Great fries.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If you like burnt ends you can cheat and use a chuck roast. Ill take it to 165-170 then pull it and cube it up. Throw it in a covered tin foil pan, add butter, sauce, or whatever blows your hair back. Run that for an hour or so (or temped to 190-200) then take them out of the pan and put right on the grate. Another half hour or until crispy(ish) on the outside.

Ill do about the same with pork belly too.
I prepared about $75 worth of meat this weekend, including a whole chicken, a couple racks of ribs and a roast specifically to utilize this burnt ends hack.

The only difference is that I did not cube the roast at 165, because I was unsure on how effective the probe thermometer would be in the smaller pieces. I used a Texas rub (salt and pepper only) and let it rest for about 1 1/2 hours while I mowed my back lawn. Then I smoked it with hickory at 245-250 until the internal temp hit 165. I wrapped it in foil and added butter and SBR Sweet & Spicy to the package, before putting it in the oven at 245 to finish it off at 205.

It'd be a different story if I had butcher paper (and next time, I will. They say it allows for a truer bark.), but there is no good reason to put the wrapped package back on the smoker and have to fiddle with the temperature if the foil prevents any more smoke to absorb in the first place.

All the meat came out pretty darned good, if I can pat myself on the back without breaking my arm. I finished the chicken in the oven too. 300 degrees for the last 20 degrees of Internal temp gave me less rubbery skin and great color.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Article in the Register ranking the state's BBQ joints.

HooDoo Brown BBQ, Ridgefield

Statewide Winner and Fairfield County

Bear’s Smokehouse BBQ, Hartford, Windsor, South Windsor, New Haven

Statewide Runner-up, New Haven and Hartford Counties

The Cookhouse, New Milford
Litchfield County

Chow Food & Beverage Co., Clinton
Middlesex County

Chester’s Barbecue, Groton
New London County

Reaction Score
Noble's Smokehouse near the train station in Mystic. Getting good press and customer ratings.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I had eaten at BT's a few years ago, and their ribs are great. Their catfish fillet is good too if they still serve it.

I think the owners are from the South so they know how to cook it.
We went to BT's last night on the way back from visiting the UNH campus (New Hampshire). We intended to eat on the road, so I got a BBQ chicken sandwich and the wife got brisket with a double helping of the potato salad. I don't have a refined palate, but my sandwich was very good. The missus also loved her meal, but it was primarily because the potato salad tasted just like her deceased father's, so major sentimental effect there. She did enjoy the brisket as well. No leftovers for either one of us.
Seeing as my initials are BT, I had to buy the little bumper sticker they sold at the counter for $1. It will become my avatar when I get around to it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not a BBQ expert but I've enjoyed Thomas' as well and wonder what aficionados think about it.
Their brisket is great. Last time I went a few weeks ago, they had a note in the window apologizing for a recent price increase. I'm thinking "what"? The prices are still a great deal.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I know it's out of state, but the wife and I went to pick up our son at Logan yesterday, so we went to BT's in Sturbridge for dinner. I was thrilled that someone took chalk and put UConn #1 on their wall. Took a pic and told the Mrs about it on the way out. Ends up the SCSU grad, who has adopted our Huskies, did it before I got in there. I do appreciate how BT's names their refuse containers.

Attachments

• 20240316_182344.jpg
    20240316_182344.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 8
  • 20240316_182558.jpg
    20240316_182558.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics