Best 6th man of all time for Uconn? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Best 6th man of all time for Uconn?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Going to throw out a name I haven't seen among the good choices listed, Tony Robertson. Guy was a do everything player. Shooting, driving, rebounding and could play strong defense against people at multiple positions.

It's tough to pick 6th men, because most of the time they are less experienced players who later start.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I think of Rashad as the best 6th man even though he was a starter off an on. In my personal criteria, I exclude players who went on the be stars, like Ray and Ben. It's all in the definition. Gwynn was instant offense, but Rashad was the designated assassin. Veins filled with ice water.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
I think, without a doubt, Rashad Anderson. He had such a beautiful shot and release. He could come off the bench and sometimes explode for 15 or 20 points. Beautiful stroke! I really liked Anderson as a player.

What do you think?
He had a funny shot--a knuckleball that came off the side of his hand. But it worked for him, which is all that counts.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
According to the UConn record book...

Career Gms with Double Figures as a Non-Starter
John Gwynn - 55
Rashad Anderson - 50
Brian Fair - 35
Tony Robertson - 29
Ray Allen - 24

That looks right. Amazing seeing Ray there...so good early in his career. Of those guys, Tony played much better D. The top four all have a case.

Reaction Score
A seasonal variation:

Most Important 6th man . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Shabazz Napier

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
He had a funny shot--a knuckleball that came off the side of his hand. But it worked for him, which is all that counts.

Must have looked particularly wonderful whenever shot at a playground that had no nets on the rims.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
6th man value doesn't always come in scoring outbursts.
I give you Edmund Saunders, who deserves consideration based on his 77-74 defensive contributions and his "Edzilla" terrorizing of Arizona's Loren Woods alone.

I think that other than the above play, the thing I liked the most about Edmund was that he went from "academic non-qualifier" as a freshman to staying in Storrs through the summer following his senior season, to earn his degree in Political Science.

What a fun time suck watching that clip and recalling an oh-so-hopeful season that ended with KEA limping.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I think of Rashad as the best 6th man even though he was a starter off an on. In my personal criteria, I exclude players who went on the be stars, like Ray and Ben. It's all in the definition. Gwynn was instant offense, but Rashad was the designated assassin. Veins filled with ice water.
Unforgetable!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom