Besides watching Uconn run this has been best tourney of all time | The Boneyard

Besides watching Uconn run this has been best tourney of all time

Reaction Score
Incredible tourney--every game so close.
Teams who lost in rds 32 and 16 easily couldve made runs to win it all.
Parity is incredible

Only downside is I wish Uconn was just a level or two higher. We could be right there too.

Reaction Score
What I like ...

The remaining 4 are real teams. True talent ... sure. But they are where they are through genuine solid Program building, coaching and team play. Often times ... the NC is one or two transcendent NBA talent. And young

Still really despise Pearl. He just screams that he won’t play the game by any rules & deceive.

Reaction Score
There were 5 or 6 games in a row during the Round of 32 that were kind of bad and the 7/10 and 8/9 matchups really didn't have any drama or as much as other years but otherwise there have been some fun games.

All the elite 8 games were incredible, especially since Duke and UK went down. Sweet 16 was also great with 4 games decided by 5 points or less. On the other hand, FSU, LSU and Michigan really laid eggs in the s16 in ugly performances, as well as a very nice loss to watch in UNC going down to Auburn.

But again, 2nd round was kind of weak. Round of 32 deficits - 12, 20, 6, 15, 28, 2, 26, 14, 1, 12, 22, 6, 20, 15, 9, 19.

2nd round was really the only straight up bad round IMO but Wofford/UK, Duke/UCF, Iowa/Tennessee and LSU/Maryland stuck out as being really good despite 0-12 from Mcgee for Wofford and a bad first half from Iowa it came so close to leading to a near incredible all-time comeback.

All that to say, I guess its been a pretty good tourney but I think there have been better.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Watching the tourney and the high caliber of play, it becomes very apparent how far UConn has to go in order to become even marginally competitive, let alone winning another NC. Other than a healthy AG, I do not believe that there is one other player on the current Husky roster who would qualify to compete at the current level of NC tourney play.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Watching the tourney and the high caliber of play, it becomes very apparent how far UConn has to go in order to become even marginally competitive, let alone winning another NC. Other than a healthy AG, I do not believe that there is one other player on the current Husky roster who would qualify to compete at the current level of NC play.

Christian and Josh could be serviceable bench guys on any of these teams.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Incredible tourney--every game so close.
Teams who lost in rds 32 and 16 easily couldve made runs to win it all.
Parity is incredible

Only downside is I wish Uconn was just a level or two higher. We could be right there too.

The Sweet 16 was chalk aside from Auburn (5) and Oregon (12).

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
The Sweet 16 was chalk aside from Auburn (5) and Oregon (12).
And outside of a few games the first and second rounds were fairly boring. A lot of blowouts, uncompetitive games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom