Benedict Wants Meeting With Aresco On Remaining In AAC For Football | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Benedict Wants Meeting With Aresco On Remaining In AAC For Football

Reaction Score
Aresco, though a UCONN alumn, is an idiot.

He signed a SH_T deal w/ ESPN+ and thought that we were going to take that lying down.
He's to blame for UCONN leaving. If he was a better commissioner and negotiator then he would have gotten a significantly better deal that would have included higher revenue and not have forced us off SNY.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
West Hartford...that’s all I can say....and those who understand will understand
Does she live in West Hartford? I live in West Hartford, it's a desirable community with great public schools and a booming center. Is there something about the West Hartford demographic that bothers you?

Reaction Score
West Hartford...that’s all I can say....and those who understand will understand
Does she live in West Hartford? Is there something about the West Hartford demographic that bothers you?
Cmon, bluedogs must be suggesting in between abject failures in the athletics arena Susie also spent some time slurping oysters and drinks in a West Hartford tossers’ bar. WeHa? ;)

Reaction Score
When many basketball fans claim they are supportive of football, too, Cougar's comments are closer to their true feelings. Football fans need to stand up for the UConn team's future now!
Over the years I've seen a number of football-only fans here. What about rooting for all UConn teams?

Reaction Score
Does she live in West Hartford? I live in West Hartford, it's a desirable community with great public schools and a booming center. Is there something about the West Hartford demographic that bothers you?
I hope he clarifies what he means. It would be unfortunate with the increase in antisemitism that he is referring her being Jewish. I hope not but his cryptic message smells of it.

Reaction Score
Think politics and FoFs. What are the connections? Who knows who. Start with a name and follow the connections.

Reaction Score
A big benefit of going Indy is that UConn can control their schedule.

Maybe schedule a way to 7 wins while incrementally improving.

And maybe go to a bowl (BYU went last year at 6-6), Miami of Ohio wen in 2016 at 6-6, Central Michigan bowled at 6-6 in 2016...etc,
You do realize schedules are made years in advance. You cant just schedule 8 games for Uconn, most teams will have no new openings for several years. Thats why its shocking to me there is no plan for football.

Reaction Score
^^^^This!

Mixed feelings about the move at first, but I think we can make this work to our benefit. We have a national brand because of basketball, and we need to use that to our advantage again to re-build this thing.

PARADIGM SHIFT
How will this work for football?no e
We will be fine. The AAC? Not so much. We were already recruiting/playing/behaving like an FBS independent, so I see no down shift there. Now we have a fan base that is energized again with respect to BB and that just had to happen.

Aresco can give all the sound bites he wants, there is no going back...he blew his chance already to keep us.
But there is no one or very few people to schedule for next several years as Independent.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Think politics and FoFs. What are the connections? Who knows who. Start with a name and follow the connections.
Fofs = Friends of Friends? Ritter is from West Hartford, the West Hartford Illuminati are tight with Suzy? This isn't a conspiracy, it's a business decision. Membership in the AAC was like being on a rocket to the sun, it was going to destroy us in the end.

Reaction Score
CBS Sports: Where do you think UConn football ends up now?

Aresco: "I can't say. The one thing I can tell you, they won't be playing in our conference [after 2019]."

CBS Sports: If you go to 12, how many schools are out there that can bring $6 million-$7 million valuation to the table to become a 12th AAC member? (That's what AAC teams were set to earn in the new ESPN TV contract.)

Aresco: "Probably very few."

AAC commissioner discusses his league's football future and its sudden split with UConn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom