Benedict on w/ Joe D & Gresh today at 4:05 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Benedict on w/ Joe D & Gresh today at 4:05

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's been that way for YEARS now.. Since I started listening to the station back in '88 (growing up in Norwalk).... Doggone shame.. That's part of the problem of lack of support from the ENTIRE state of CT for UCONN (in Storrs)... We'll cater to boarding states (upstate NY, RI, MA) before addressing in house stuff... That radio reception thing shoulda been addressed YEARS AGO... unacceptable... We need to somehow find a way to get the wattage upgraded to CBS 880 status.. You can get that station in Baltimore even..
Too bad they can't put an auxiliary tower up somewhere in Litchfield County where it can hit the southern end of CT...

Reaction Score
Great spot for an on campus Football stadium (my opinion) too..

If they want students at the games (and staying the whole game), this is where they'd put the stadium. Unfortunately as I've heard time and time again transpo said no-go. Still don't think it'd be as bad as most think, though.

Reaction Score

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
We need to somehow find a way to get the wattage upgraded to CBS 880 status.. You can get that station in Baltimore even..

WTIC operates at the exact same wattage as WCBS, 50k, the highest wattage allowed by federal regulations.

Reaction Score
I suspect this dope has never attended a Game at Gampel or attended a game at the Rent.
The last time Gresh was at a UConn athletic facility or event was when he was on the football team at URI and they played at Memorial Stadium.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
The last time Gresh was at a UConn athletic facility or event was when he was on the football team at URI and they played at Memorial Stadium.

That's not true. I hope you're sarcastic, because it's patently false.

Reaction Score
The way he makes his comments I was being serious....he has been to UConn games?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I suspect this dope has never attended a Game at Gampel or attended a game at the Rent.
The way he makes his comments I was being serious....he has been to UConn games?

He's been to Rentschler. He was the unimpressive SNY color commentator for the 'Nova game. Though I suspect he has not been on campus in quite some time. He kept on talking about facilities as if the football offices were still in tractor trailers. He's poo-poo'ed UConn at every turn over the last two weeks.

Relax, Mrs. Gresh.

Reaction Score
He's been to Rentschler. He was the unimpressive SNY color commentator for the 'Nova game. Though I suspect he has not been on campus in quite some time. He kept on talking about facilities as if the football offices were still in tractor trailers. He's poo-poo'ed UConn at every turn over the last two weeks.

Relax, Mrs. Gresh.

I was only sure of the Nova game. Relax yourself, @Husky25
Ok...I was at the game so I didn't see the SNY broadcast. I'll retract my statement about him being at a UConn game since he played at URI. As for him being on campus...he definitely hasn't since Burton/Schenkman was built. Otherwise he wouldn't be making the comments he make sabot on-campus facilities.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Ok...I was at the game so I didn't see the SNY broadcast. I'll retract my statement about him being at a UConn game since he played at URI.
I was too, but I saw bits and pieces of the replay. Your point stands for me, because he probably hasn't been on campus for the better part of 2 decades. He may be interested to know that where he put his hand in the dirt now stand

This whole episode has been annoying and what is worse is that his on-air , who is probably closest outside party involved at UConn, hasn't bothered to correct him in the least. Really?? You're gonna hang your opinion of the ALL the facilities on Baseball, Soccer, and Gampel (All three are scheduled to be addressed within the next year)?

Fans are correct in being upset and they are right to critique Andy Gresh. He is hiding being his position and coming over the top at people more in the know, which is what you do when you are so desperately under-informed. What's worse is that he is using his position it to further a false narrative.

Reaction Score
I was too, but I saw bits and pieces of the replay. Your point stands for me, because he probably hasn't been on campus for the better part of 2 decades. He may be interested to know that where he put his hand in the dirt now stand

This whole episode has been annoying and what is worse is that his on-air , who is probably closest outside party involved at UConn, hasn't bothered to correct him in the least. Really?? You're gonna hang your opinion of the ALL the facilities on Baseball, Soccer, and Gampel (All three are scheduled to be addressed within the next year)?

Fans are correct in being upset and they are right to critique Andy Gresh. He is hiding being his position and coming over the top at people more in the know, which is what you do when you are so desperately under-informed. What's worse is that he is using his position it to further a false narrative.
The ONLY thing I can think of about Joe D (who although I am NOT a HUGE fan of...definitely bleeds UConn through & through) not supporting him...actually staying eerily silent in this whole thing is this: Silence is speaking VOLUMES right now in the fact he isn't backing up his on-air partner....basically letting him slit his own throat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom