Benedict, it’s on you… | The Boneyard

Benedict, it’s on you…

Reaction Score
I don‘t blame Randy Edsall. He is collecting a nice paycheck and providing employment for this son. Ride this train as long he can -- those checks are nice and he is likely thinking about retirement now.

I don’t blame Jack Z. His performance today was the worst by a UConn quarterback of all time. But it is not his fault, he lacks the skills to play Div 1 - he really does. This one you can place squarely on R Edsalll.

Our players, many you can see during replays are calling it in. The call playing is atrocious.

Holly Cross actually looked like they had better athletes on the field today. Faster, stronger and demonstrating better football fundamentals. They came to the Rent to win.

But when it gets like this - this is clearly a management issue. Benedict has to start earning those bIg paychecks and fire Edsall today.

Reaction Score
I don‘t blame Randy Edsall. He is collecting a nice paycheck and providing employment for this son. Ride this train as long he can -- those checks are nice and he is likely thinking about retirement now.

I don’t blame Jack Z. His performance today was the worst by a UConn quarterback of all time. But it is not his fault, he lacks the skills to play Div 1 - he really does. This one you can place squarely on R Edsalll.

Our players, many you can see during replays are calling it in. The call playing is atrocious.

Holly Cross actually looked like they had better athletes on the field today. Faster, stronger and demonstrating better football fundamentals. They came to the Rent to win.

But when it gets like this - this is clearly a management issue. Benedict has to start earning those bIg paychecks and fire Edsall today.
Are we blaming Edsal or not blaming Edsal? You seem to be covering all the bases here.

Reaction Score
Dave Benedict extended Diaco after RU offered him the job. That's his mistake - UConn was on the hook for the buyout instead of collecting it. Coach uses UConn as a stepping stone, next coach sees UConn as a way to advance their career.

Other AAC teams let the coaches go, collect the buyout, and get another good coach. We never accepted our position as a stepping stone program after the BCS bowl and we are still paying for it. Hire young, innovative coaches that P5 teams want to poach, win some games, repeat. Look at the successful AAC teams - that's what they did, and that's what we need to start doing. We are such an unattractive program right now to prospective hires that if we don't hit on this next hire, I'm not sure if the program is around in the 30s.

Reaction Score
Are we blaming Edsal or not blaming Edsal? You seem to be covering all the bases here.
Sorry John, let me be more clear.

Randy is so obviously “calling it in“ and not serious at all about bringing us back to where we belong– which is a top 50 program, that I can no longer blame him anymore. Sure I have blamed Edsall in the past but no longer - Benedict it’s all on him this point forward. Fire Edsalll and save our program - we don’t have much time!

Reaction Score
As CT taxpayers I think we deserve a financial accounting of the Athletic Dept budget-specifically as it relates to the football program.

Reaction Score
z
I'd imagine it was moreso Edsall lying to him. Benedict has done well overall - Big East, scheduling.

That is not an excuse for Benedict repeating obvious lies. Edsall has a reason to lie. It’s his job in the line. And Edsall has no credibility. Benedict threw his away for what? A deadman walking coach? All he had to do was repeat “we EXPECT to see improvement”. He didn’t. He on his own said the year off was beneficial and you will see a division 1 caliber football team and a difference. He did that. He repeated that. It wasn’t true. He either lied or is clueless about the goings on Inside his own department. Not sure what’s worse. That’s on him. No one else.

Reaction Score
This is purely on Benedict for the disaster hiring of Edsall for the second go around. Edsall had the excuse he was building the program after the PP and red pants disaster. There is a reason why no program was beating down the door to hire Edsall when Uconn did. It has been 5 years, and nothing has changed. He is same old Edsall with the same old boring playbook from the 70s.

If Edsall isn't fired soon, DB needs to be fired along with him. Uconn is such a national embarrassment right now we might as well put Uconn football next to the word in the Webster dictionary.

Reaction Score
This is purely on Benedict for the disaster hiring of Edsall for the second go around. Edsall had the excuse he was building the program after the PP and red pants disaster. It has been 5 years, and nothing has changed. He is same old Edsall with the same old boring playbook from the 70s.

If Edsall isn't fired soon, DB needs to be fired along with him. Uconn is such a national embarrassment right now we might as well put Uconn football next to the word in the Webster dictionary.
They sure we're getting made fun of on college GameDay during the picks

Reaction Score
z

That is not an excuse for Benedict repeating obvious lies. Edsall has a reason to lie. It’s his job in the line. And Edsall has no credibility. Benedict threw his away for what? A deadman walking coach? All he had to do was repeat “we EXPECT to see improvement”. He didn’t. He on his own said the year off was beneficial and you will see a division 1 caliber football team and a difference. He did that. He repeated that. It wasn’t true. He either lied or is clueless about the goings on Inside his own department. Not sure what’s worse. That’s on him. No one else.
Just stop. He wanted to believe that. Many posters here did. He supported the coach and the team while making a schedule out of nothing. He's not Harry Fricken Houdini.

Reaction Score
Wtf do you expect him to do as AD say "the school gives me no budget to hire a competent HC with a assistant pool to attract actual talent for OC so I hired a cheap retread that appeased thr BoT"? DB's hand was forced by donors and a BoT that don't get too s**ts about football.

Reaction Score
Dave Benedict told you how he felt about football when he had UCONN join the Big East. He made a short term move that will destroy the athletic program in the future. It’s not just about football.

I take no joy in saying “I told you so” so I won’t. I’m just sad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom