Benedict and ACC Commissioner Phillips overlapped at ASU | The Boneyard

Benedict and ACC Commissioner Phillips overlapped at ASU

Reaction Score
I worked with a guy, Brandon. I hate this guy and would never want him as a part of any organization I work with. Maybe David is Jim’s Brandon.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
always sunny.jpg

Reaction Score
I just realized that Benedict and Phillips were both at Arizona St. at the same time:

Phillips: 1994 to 1998
Benedict: 1996 to 2006

Why hasn't that helped UConn's cause?

Why would it help UConn’s cause?

Reaction Score
Are you 12?
Thanks for the feedback.

One thing I have learned in my career is that personal relationships go a long way to helping make things happen. Hopefully, Benedict and Phillips have a good relationship from their time at ASU and Phillips is honest with him about what UConn needs to do to be considered for a conference spot by the ACC.

I remember going to a charity event at Fenway Park in 2012/2013 and Brad Bates, who was the new BC AD, was there. I asked a large BC donor to introduce me to him and I told him I come from a BC/UConn family and I wanted his thoughts on BC and UConn playing football again. He asked me if I thought people wanted it and I said yes. I don't know if my question had any impact on him but after our conversation, BC and UConn announced they scheduled some football games.

I have never viewed UConn's trustees as well connected with the exception of a couple of trustees, but the trustees at a school like SMU are extremely well connected and because they know people, they are able to get their phone calls answered by people in the position to make decisions. Some of SMU's trustees include the President of Goldman Sachs, the CEO of McKesson, CEOs of energy and investment companies,... UConn needs to use all of the connections/relationships they have to help UConn move conferences and hopefully Benedict can use his past overlap with Phillips.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the feedback.

One thing I have learned in my career is that personal relationships go a long way to helping make things happen. Hopefully, Benedict and Phillips have a good relationship from their time at ASU and Phillips is honest with him about what UConn needs to do to be considered for a conference spot by the ACC.

I remember going to a charity event at Fenway Park in 2012/2013 and Brad Bates, who was the new BC AD, was there. I asked a large BC donor to introduce me to him and I told him I come from a BC/UConn family and I wanted his thoughts on BC and UConn playing football again. He asked me if I thought people wanted it and I said yes. I don't know if my question had any impact on him but after our conversation, BC and UConn announced they scheduled some football games.

I have never viewed UConn's trustees as well connected with the exception of a couple of trustees, but the trustees at a school like SMU are extremely well connected and because they know people, they are able to get their phone calls answered by people in the position to make decisions. Some of SMU's trustees include the President of Goldman Sachs, the CEO of McKesson, CEOs of energy and investment companies,... UConn needs to use all of the connections/relationships they have to help UConn move conferences and hopefully Benedict can use his past overlap with Phillips.
Phillips works at the pleasure of the ACC member Presidents. Three quarters of them need to be on board. Time will tell.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the feedback.

You basically said that since the two were coworkers in the same department for two years then UConn should be in the ACC. But, congratulations on meeting the BC AD.

Reaction Score
You basically said that since the two were coworkers in the same department for two years then UConn should be in the ACC. But, congratulations on meeting the BC AD.
I did not say UConn should be in the ACC because of that. They were co-workers and I assume they know each other and would respectfully take calls from each other.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the feedback.

It's too bad that people jumped on you. I'm always looking for every positive angle myself.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the feedback.

Benedict was at Auburn. How come aren’t in the SEC?

Are you really going to explain networking to a bunch of approaching middle age or middle age dudes who have been posting here for twenty years?

Reaction Score
That would be fun.

B12, “ We’re ready for you now.”
UConn, -“Nah, we’re good. Thanks anyways. “
That would be funny but going to the ACC is a death sentence. Going to the b12 is the leverage we need to keep the b10 acc going full rogue

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom