“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Gilbert- outplayed by Adams
Vital-outplayed by Bouknight
Polley- outplayed by Sid
Carlton- outplayed by Whaley
Akok has no real backup and played well anyways

what happened to the lineup shakeup?
I guess Danny made good on his promise to have a shorter leash as he glued Polley and Josh to the bench but we need Bouknight in the game sooner and more frequently. This season is over so it’s time to get Bouknight and Gaffney as much time as possible.
My proposed lineup:
Vital
Bouknight
Adams
Sid
Akok

obviously “no true PG” but news flash, just because Al is 5’8” that doesn’t make him a true PG. Our rebounding is instantly improved and spacing should be much better. Put Sid in Josh’s spot at the top of the key and you have someone who is actually a threat to do something other than hand off. Run pick and rolls for him and get dunks all day. Or use Akok and draw out a defender and make it easier for drivers.

Cmon Danny this isn’t that hard.

Reaction Score
Love vital pump faking a 3, getting his defender to fly by to shoot a 18 footer instead of re-upping the 3. Insane.
But yes we need a shakeup in personnel, subbing patterns and offensive philosophy

Reaction Score
Polley- outplayed by Sid

I guess Danny made good on his promise to have a shorter leash as he glued Polley and Josh to the bench but we need Bouknight in the game sooner and more frequently. This season is over so it’s time to get Bouknight and Gaffney as much time as possible.
My proposed lineup:
Vital
Bouknight
Adams
Sid
Akok

obviously “no true PG” but news flash, just because Al is 5’8” that doesn’t make him a true PG. Our rebounding is instantly improved and spacing should be much better. Put Sid in Josh’s spot at the top of the key and you have someone who is actually a threat to do something other than hand off. Run pick and rolls for him and get dunks all day. Or use Akok and draw out a defender and make it easier for drivers.

We played this lineup with 8 mins left in the 2nd half and went on a good run to cut it from 19-13 in like 1 minute and then a good USF TO which Hurley needs to work on. But no one can really rebound besides Akok in this group and we got slammed on the boards today

Reaction Score
I agree with the individual assessments, but looking at the game, things really started to fall apart when the second unit came in. Really, really bad defensively and Bouknight was really the only guy who did anything on offense (aside from a couple of early threes from BA when Gilbert was out there).

Just goes to show that Akok is the glue. For them to play the defense they want he has to be out there.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Polley- outplayed by Sid

My proposed lineup:
Vital
Bouknight
Adams
Sid
Akok

I’d play Gaffney, Bouknight, Vital, Akok, Whaley.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Polley- outplayed by Sid

My proposed lineup:
Vital
Bouknight
Adams
Sid
Akok

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
We played this lineup with 8 mins left in the 2nd half and went on a good run to cut it from 19-13 in like 1 minute and then a good USF TO which Hurley needs to work on. But no one can really rebound besides Akok in this group and we got slammed on the boards today
Sid is a better rebounder than Polley, CV is second on the team, Bouknight is good for 5 or 6 a game if he’s out there and Adams mixes it up too.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I don't get why Whaley was benched for so long after some very effective play in the 2nd half.
DH: "OK, Isaiah, you're working hard out there and have us on a mini-run. No more of that. To the pine you go."

Reaction Score
Bench outscored the starters 32-28. 2nd game in a row. So is Hurley really going to make changes next game? I guess he pretty much did by sitting Carlton and Polley most of the game.

I just can't believe how mentally and physically soft some of these guys are. Gotta get some toughness in here soon.

Reaction Score
I don't get why Whaley was benched for so long after some very effective play in the 2nd half.
DH: "OK, Isaiah, you're working hard out there and have us on a mini-run. No more of that. To the pine you go."
He was gassed.

Reaction Score
BA had 7 points on 2 of 7 shooting with 0 assists and 1 TO.
AG had 4 points on 1 of 3 shooting with 8 assists and 3 TOs.

He did not outplay Gilbert in any way.
I feel weird being the only AG cheerleader, but I thought he had his best passing game ever. Without blown layups he could have easily had double digit assists. Plus only taking 3 shots is what the yard wanted him to do. But I could be taking crazy pills. He must've got out of that game thinking, damned if I do, damned if I don't. Of course, it still didn't get the team not blown out.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
BA had 7 points on 2 of 7 shooting with 0 assists and 1 TO.
AG had 4 points on 1 of 3 shooting with 8 assists and 3 TOs.

He did not outplay Gilbert in any way.

Al also managed 4 fouls while not playing defense. The assists were kinda nice but he was largely invisible.

Reaction Score
I feel weird being the only AG cheerleader, but I thought he had his best passing game ever. Without blown layups he could have easily had double digit assists. Plus only taking 3 shots is what the yard wanted him to do. But I could be taking crazy pills. He must've got out of that game thinking, damned if I do, damned if I don't. Of course, it still didn't get the team not blown out.
Watching the game I thought AG had a lot of great inside passes for assists and played his normal a** off on defense. Then I come on and see.. "Uconn lost get AG out!!!!" People on here have a vendetta against the kid. One of his turnovers I thought he got hacked going to the hoop and one of them I thought was one of his normal drive and dive turnovers. I really don't think any other player did a better job playing PG today.

Reaction Score
Watching the game I thought AG had a lot of great inside passes for assists and played his normal a** off on defense. Then I come on and see.. "Uconn lost get AG out!!!!" People on here have a vendetta against the kid. One of his turnovers I thought he got hacked going to the hoop and one of them I thought was one of his normal drive and dive turnovers. I really don't think any other player did a better job playing PG today.
Even in the chat, there were constant "bench him" chants. I was like, did you not just see that drive and dish? He did some things better than ever today. Threw a few seeds to the post players as well. I think most yarders just want to get on to the future. And maybe after today's embarrassment, its the only thing to do. But I was proud of him today, compared to Cincy.

Reaction Score
Our starting backcourt is now 27 of 112 from the field in the 5 losses.

I pray that Hurley finally decides to turn the corner and play Gaffney and Bouknight as much as possible. Bring AG and CV off the bench and only keep them in if they are playing well. If not, the freshmen should get as many minutes as possible.

Reaction Score
Polley- outplayed by Sid

My proposed lineup:
Vital
Bouknight
Adams
Sid
Akok

WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT LINEUP!!

Reaction Score
WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT LINEUP!!
Who dribbles the ball up the court? Against Cincy we got a 10 second because it was inbounded to CV. Should probably think this through first.

Reaction Score
He was horrible, didn't even notice he was on the court until sometime in the second half.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Who dribbles the ball up the court? Against Cincy we got a 10 second because it was inbounded to CV. Should probably think this through first.
I’d literally trust any of those players as much as Al to “dribble the ball up court”

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The argument defending Hurley is that two years into his tenure, he should not be playing "Ollie's" guys anymore. Is the fact that Hurley is not playing Akok and Bouk more also Ollie's fault?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom