Bench-clearing brawl in a wcbb game? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bench-clearing brawl in a wcbb game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Many sports (NBA, NHL I think) have "do not leave bench" rules. I would hope most college coaches have that rule as well.
Automatic ejection in NCAA basketball I believe. There was a P5 WCBB matchup earlier this season that saw 7 or 8 kids ejected for leaving the bench.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Many sports (NBA, NHL I think) have "do not leave bench" rules. I would hope most college coaches have that rule as well.
I'm not sure, it appears with this incident per @ochoopsfan there were no additional suspensions for leaving the bench and the game resumed with enough players on both sides to finish the game- definitely more players than did not leave the bench. I'm not a big Hockey guy but that rule is weird, The first to leave the bench gets heavily penalized everyone else is a penalty but only up to 5 so that the game can resume.

Reaction Score
My daughter was in an AAU tournament a few years back. The two teams that were playing before her got into a huge brawl. Well, one girl from one team and the entire other team (they started it). They let both teams stay in the tournament. My daughter's team had to play the team that started the brawl the next day. Most of the girls were scared to play them and it showed on the court. Towards the end of the game, the other team started their crap again. The whole bench for my daughter's team got up. They were ready to mix it up if they had to. And their coach said he liked that they were ready to back their teammates up.

No, this stuff doesn't belong in basketball. But I was glad when my daughter got off the bench, ready to back her teammates.

Reaction Score
My daughter was in an AAU tournament a few years back. The two teams that were playing before her got into a huge brawl. Well, one girl from one team and the entire other team (they started it). They let both teams stay in the tournament. My daughter's team had to play the team that started the brawl the next day. Most of the girls were scared to play them and it showed on the court. Towards the end of the game, the other team started their crap again. The whole bench for my daughter's team got up. They were ready to mix it up if they had to. And their coach said he liked that they were ready to back their teammates up.

No, this stuff doesn't belong in basketball. But I was glad when my daughter got off the bench, ready to back her teammates.
Good for her. In my day if you didn't back up your teammate you would be looked on as chicken. Not to mean start throwing punches
but back up and only respond when assailed.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
My daughter was in an AAU tournament a few years back. The two teams that were playing before her got into a huge brawl. Well, one girl from one team and the entire other team (they started it). They let both teams stay in the tournament. My daughter's team had to play the team that started the brawl the next day. Most of the girls were scared to play them and it showed on the court. Towards the end of the game, the other team started their crap again. The whole bench for my daughter's team got up. They were ready to mix it up if they had to. And their coach said he liked that they were ready to back their teammates up. No, this stuff doesn't belong in basketball. But I was glad when my daughter got off the bench, ready to back her teammates.
Way to raise her right!
Good for her. In my day if you didn't back up your teammate you would be looked on as chicken. Not to mean start throwing punches
but back up and only respond when assailed.
This is still your (our) day! I don't want to be around for a day where teammates don't back each other up for crap that the other team started.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yeah the alleged "punches" in the other day's UNLV game were just little wussy open-hand face pushes, barely more violent than your typical baseball "fight."

Hardly a brawl....... if you gonna get suspended for that squabble...... you might as well get your money's worth and throw a few real punches :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom