Bench-clearing brawl in a wcbb game? | The Boneyard

Bench-clearing brawl in a wcbb game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
The UNLV player, Brooke Johnson, who drove to the hoop and was fouled,(not ejected and tried to separate the players involved) played club ball with KLS on Cal Swish.

Reaction Score
Never a good look when there's fighting in a sporting event other than boxing or MMA. I just hope that those who had no desire to watch Womens basketball use this as an excuse on why they don't.

Reaction Score
Well, the two who were swinging at each other should be tossed. Then all the players who left the benches. If they did that, would there even be enough players to finish the game? That would not necessarily be a bad outcome, IMHO, if it made a statement about on-court behavior.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Never a good look when there's fighting in a sporting event other than boxing or MMA. I just hope that those who had no desire to watch Womens basketball use this as an excuse on why they don't.

Those who don't watch WBB are very open regarding their reasons. They do not need to manufacture new ones to save face.
They would probably say if there were more brawls, they would watch it more. :(:(:(

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Well, the two who were swinging at each other should be tossed. Then all the players who left the benches. If they did that, would there even be enough players to finish the game? That would not necessarily be a bad outcome, IMHO, if it made a statement about on-court behavior.
I believe the article, on the UNLV site, said that UNLV finished with 6 players and Utah State finished with 8 players.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Ah yes, the bench-clearing brawl. This one was okay, but nowhere near as epic as the one between Texas Southern and Southern a couple years ago, in the final regular-season game for both teams.

My absolute favorite part of this footage is the end where the band plays and the mascot dances — I guess to provide some light entertainment?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Don't think gender plays that big a role They should know better, but so should guys. Aggression is needed to compete at a high level. This is what
Geno means when he talks about wishing the girls were 'nasty.' Obviously it needs to be kept in control.

Reaction Score
Ah yes, the bench-clearing brawl. This one was okay, but nowhere near as epic as the one between Texas Southern and Southern a couple years ago, in the final regular-season game for both teams.

My absolute favorite part of this footage is the end where the band plays and the mascot dances — I guess to provide some light entertainment?

LOL

Reaction Score
Violence such as this does not belong in a GAME! The coach thought that she hadn't needed to tell the players to "not" leave the bench area. What she should have been teaching is that they should not be exchanging punches to begin with.

Reaction Score
They would probably say if there were more brawls, they would watch it more. :(:(:(

I've never heard anyone say that they probably watch WBB more if there were more brawls. If anything, they would watch it more if there were more competitive teams, if different teams won the 'ships and better offense.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
All fights at non-combative sporting events are disgusting. A fight at a women's basketball game. After this years election I now think I've just seen a full set of hen's teeth. How is this justified, and by whom?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Utah State, some crazy Mofo's. :eek:

Reaction Score
57f0ca86a944bd197ad8ee68d98a3390.jpg

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Violence such as this does not belong in a GAME! The coach thought that she hadn't needed to tell the players to "not" leave the bench area. What she should have been teaching is that they should not be exchanging punches to begin with.
This was hardly "violent", it occasionally happens in all sports. Most coaches teach players to stick up for & support each other which cannot be effectively done from the bench when your teammates are in the corner outnumbered. As long as she didn't swing first, I would be disappointed in my daughter NOT exchanging punches- we don't do duck and cover.

Last edited:

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
The best part of that clip is the girl from the UNLV sideline hopping over to the fight area a hundred miles per hour on an injured leg.
Yeah, she was real smart.

Reaction Score
Most coaches teach players to stick up for & support each other which cannot be effectively done from the bench

Many sports (NBA, NHL I think) have "do not leave bench" rules. I would hope most college coaches have that rule as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom