Ben Simmons Ineligible for Wooden Award | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ben Simmons Ineligible for Wooden Award

Status
Not open for further replies.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
When did you attend? I was there 98-02 and it was common to see players on the first day of class and then never again.
I was there 07-11. Even had group projects with a few players. They worked hard.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It doesn't make sense that a player could be ineligible for the Wooden award but eligible to play.

Literally. None. Can't wrap my head around it. Wooden ain't a an academic award.

Reaction Score
I was there 07-11. Even had group projects with a few players. They worked hard.

Yup, a bit different for sure. There was a definite proportion of time in class to pro prospects with some exceptions... Rip was in class a lot and obviously Emeka was very visible. KEA had his own set of rules including an apt in Walden with his wife and kids which is understandable.

To their credit, the women's team were always in class. To their discredit, many were unbelievably obnoxious and entitled.

Reaction Score
I'll never forget being barely alive before an 8am Friday class and walking past Maya Moore walking and reading a leizure book.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Was there 05-09 and had one class in 2009 with everyone on the team aside from Price if memory serves. They all showed up every class that they weren't out of state for a game.

Reaction Score
It's story time. Please share.

98-02... Some of the "greats..." Great basketball players, hideous human beings. You could probably guess which ones were cool; Bird, Svetlana, etc...

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
It doesn't make sense that a player could be ineligible for the Wooden award but eligible to play.

Because it is a mid-term GPA reported by the school to the Wooden award people. He was over the NCAA minimum after the first semester, and therefore is eligible this semester until final grades are in.

It is what it is. A one and done that won't even get them into the NCAA tourney and will hurt their APR. Hope it was worth it. Kid should have been able to just go to th3 NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom