Ben Gordon Eyeing Return to NBA | The Boneyard

Ben Gordon Eyeing Return to NBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Loved his game. After his first couple of years and that great playoff matchup with Ray I thought he would be a All-star performer. His time has passed.

Reaction Score
Loved his game. After his first couple of years and that great playoff matchup with Ray I thought he would be a All-star performer. His time has passed.
Eh. League has changed. Sharpshooting 3-point shooters still have a place in this league, even at 33. I think he has a decent shot.

Reaction Score
Loved Ben Gordon's game. Instant offense. Problem for him lies in the defensive side. He was a liability and in turn lost a lot of playing time. Wish he never left Chicago in the first place.

But with the way league is 3-pt centric these days, Ben as long as he hasn't lost his sweet stroke has a good chance for sticking on to a roster.

Reaction Score
Ben's dropoff in the NBA seemed as much mental as physical (defense, which is 90% mental and half physical ;). I could definitely see him getting back in the league, but likely would have to go the D-league route at some point and prove he was seriously committed and not just in it for one last big contract. What he got paid last few deals is going to be tough stigma for him to overcome b/c GM's don't want to be embarrassed.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
What, is this the UConn comeback reality tour show or something? Ray Allen, Richard Hamilton, and Ben Gordon have all discussed making NBA comebacks this year.

Reaction Score
Once you are out of the league, you find out there are not many million dollar a year jobs out there. Suddenly making 1.2 million looks pretty good even if you were a 13 million a year guy like Ben. Very tough to get back to that elite level. But there are certainly much older players than BG. Good luck.

Reaction Score
What, is this the UConn comeback reality tour show or something? Ray Allen, Richard Hamilton, and Ben Gordon have all discussed making NBA comebacks this year.
That would be a pretty good TV show if you could get those 3 to live & train together for a month and go to some tryouts, I'd rent a 4-bedroom place and add Johnnie Selvie to the mix to spice things up & for comedic relief, then maybe have Emeka come in mid-season as RA to quiet things down.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Speaking of Emeka, I wonder what his status is. Did he officially retire? I would be very interested to hear what he has been up to. Wonder if his neck/back is better.

Reaction Score
Ben's dropoff in the NBA seemed as much mental as physical (defense, which is 90% mental and half physical ;). I could definitely see him getting back in the league, but likely would have to go the D-league route at some point and prove he was seriously committed and not just in it for one last big contract. What he got paid last few deals is going to be tough stigma for him to overcome b/c GM's don't want to be embarrassed.

Not sure it's the stigma of what he got paid as much as it is his reputation regarding his work ethic and off-court headaches. Plenty of guys have gotten big contracts and underperformed, but BG appeared to have done so in a way that was particularly offensive to Charlotte. Perhaps we're just mincing semantics.

Either way, he's one of my favorite Huskies ever. I hope he succeeds with whatever he does post-basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom