OT: - Bell to Jets | The Boneyard

OT: Bell to Jets

Reaction Score
Shout out to all you Jets fans. Great deal for the Gang Green. Didn't overspend. Seems like the year off for Bell did little to inflate his value.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Shout out to all you Jets fans. Great deal for the Gang Green. Didn't overspend. Seems like the year off for Bell did little to inflate his value.

Bell probably realized he could sell more albums in the NYC market.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The Jets are certainly improved. Darnold is looking good. They need the D and OL to improve but I wouldn't take them lightly.

Interesting to think who is trending down and up. Browns way up. Jets up. Lions up.

Steelers down. Chiefs possibly down.

Reaction Score
The Jets are certainly improved. Darnold is looking good. They need the D and OL to improve but I wouldn't take them lightly.

Interesting to think who is trending down and up. Browns way up. Jets up. Lions up.

Steelers down. Chiefs possibly down.

I don't think the Steelers are as down as you might think. They didn't have Bell last year and Connor/Samuels were very good. And I think JuJu was starting to wrestle the mantle away from Antonio Brown a little. That offense will still put up good numbers.

Reaction Score
Nothing good happens to the Jets. This is somehow going to end up bad for Bell, the Jets and their fans
LOL. So true. Me being a Jets fan I was laughing at all my upset Giants/Odell fans. As I was just say to them Joe Namath!!!

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
As a Steelers fan, you Jets fans should be ready to be disappointed. Bell is a good back, but between the off field stuff and injuries, he was never really worth the trouble.

Hammering the Steelers is the flavor of the week in the national media, but we got this one right.

Reaction Score
As a Steelers fan, you Jets fans should be ready to be disappointed. Bell is a good back, but between the off field stuff and injuries, he was never really worth the trouble.

Hammering the Steelers is the flavor of the week in the national media, but we got this one right.

Right. Let's just keep handing the ball off to Isaiah Crowell.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't think the Steelers are as down as you might think. They didn't have Bell last year and Connor/Samuels were very good. And I think JuJu was starting to wrestle the mantle away from Antonio Brown a little. That offense will still put up good numbers.

JuJu was pretty much #1 by the end. But they both benefitted from the other. They need another WR. Connor showed how much Bell benefitted from that OL and scheme. It should make anybody wary that Bell is really as good as we think. I'm no Steeler fan, but the D is meh at best and Ben is falling apart and can't get through a season. I think they were right to let those two stars walk and use the $ elsewhere. But I haven't seen it yet.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
JuJu was pretty much #1 by the end. But they both benefitted from the other. They need another WR. Connor showed how much Bell benefitted from that OL and scheme. It should make anybody wary that Bell is really as good as we think. I'm no Steeler fan, but the D is meh at best and Ben is falling apart and can't get through a season. I think they were right to let those two stars walk and use the $ elsewhere. But I haven't seen it yet.

Ben isn’t falling apart. I’m not his biggest fan, but he’s still performing at an All-Pro level.

Offense won’t be an issue. As you mentioned, Juju is a WR1. I’m not sold on James Washington yet, but the talent is there and the kid is a worker so I think we see him take a step. A guy like Tyrell Williams would be perfect but we’ll see how high we aim in FA. We need a good RB2 to spell Conner, which I’m hoping comes from the draft in either Miles Sanders or the Henderson kid from Memphis.

It all comes down to Defense, as that’s the true reason we haven’t broken through despite being so talented. Shazier’s injury just absolutely killed us more than anyone wanted to acknowledge...his range erased a lot of problems in our secondary. Drafting Devin Bush at 20 would be a huge step in fixing that hole. After that, we’re hoping that the Nelson signing gives us a CB opposite Haden that can be a difference maker.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom