Bell NOT visiting anymore | The Boneyard

Bell NOT visiting anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
per Coast2CoastHoops

I like to be optimistic but this doesnt sound good. It is almost laughable how much recruits cancel on us, and please don't say we didn't want Bell anyways and we are getting Vonleh.

Reaction Score
Well, he did say he would sign if we offered. We just offered. Hopefully, he stays true.

Reaction Score
how do we go from his comments to Rivals just the other day to cancelling just like that?

Reaction Score
acted like we didn't want him

Hobbs went out to see him, then Ollie, just because they didn't jump when he first indicated interest doesn't mean they acted like they didn't want him

Reaction Score
We shouldn't be waisting our time with these 3 star players and we have to get 4-5 star players first to get us back on the map. Then we go after kids like this.

Reaction Score
We shouldn't be waisting our time with these 3 star players and we have to get 4-5 star players first to get us back on the map. Then we go after kids like this.

That's the answer! Someone go tell Ollie! stop wasting our time with scrubs and go sign all the top talent. Such a genius strategy! So easy to do right now at UCONN!

Reaction Score
Well he is a 4 star player ranked #69 in the 2013 class by Rivals.com. About the same spot Boatright and Lamb were ranked.

Reaction Score
What do you expect Warde has made recruiting for KO almost impossible. Way to help the basketball program WM.:(

Reaction Score
Well he is a 4 star player ranked #69 in the 2013 class by Rivals.com. About the same spot Boatright and Lamb were ranked.
I thought boatright was around 20 on ESPN. I'm not saying next year but 2014 we need good recruits. If they didn't have drumound last year they are not ranked as high as they were.

U

UCONNfan1

Oh well - onto the next kid. Hard to not be disappointed. Maybe the staff spent too much time screwing around making him feel like he really was plan B. Note to staff - treat every kid like you really really want them.

Anyway, no one knows why he cancelled. Or how he went from "if UCONN offers, i'll accept" to "i'm not interested in a visit any more". I guess we will have to just wait and see.

And if the kid liked UCONN that much KNOWING full well that Ollie had a 1 year contract, I hardly think we can blame his shift on that. Maybe he liked what he saw at Oregon so much that he decided to take UCONN off his list.

Reaction Score
I thought boatright was around 20 on ESPN. I'm not saying next year but 2014 we need good recruits. If they didn't have drumound last year they are not ranked as high as they were.

No, he wasn't ranked that high by anybody.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Name a recruit who had a scheduled visit to Storrs, canceled it- then played for us? I can't think of any, unless they did a reschedule for another time. More times then not, "car trouble", "studying for SATS" means your school is out.

Reaction Score
@Coast2CoastHoop: Jordan Bell will no longer visit UConn this weekend.

The comment only says he's not coming this weekend. How does that mean he's never coming and not considering Uconn?

Because the whiners want something to use to complain about the contract for the one millionth time.....

Cause, you know, after the millionth time Herbst will fire Manuel and hire a "good" AD who will extend Ollie's contract to 4 years....yeahhhhhhhh

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Oh well - onto the next kid. Hard to not be disappointed. Maybe the staff spent too much time screwing around making him feel like he really was plan B. Note to staff - treat every kid like you really really want them.

Anyway, no one knows why he cancelled. Or how he went from "if UCONN offers, i'll accept" to "i'm not interested in a visit any more". I guess we will have to just wait and see.

And if the kid liked UCONN that much KNOWING full well that Ollie had a 1 year contract, I hardly think we can blame his shift on that. Maybe he liked what he saw at Oregon so much that he decided to take UCONN off his list.

It was before Calhoun retired when Bell made the statement about committing to UConn if we offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wygyschk

Top Bottom