Belichick & Geno: Most Hated? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Belichick & Geno: Most Hated?

Reaction Score
I never considered "hated" as connected with non-UConn fans' opinions about your Geno.

Only a person void of integrity "hates" another person. "Jealousy" works appropriately--very much so by us who acknowledge all things UConn wbb as "greatness". But "hate" ??? No room for that even in the hyperbole of sports chat.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I never considered "hated" as connected with non-UConn fans' opinions about your Geno.

Only a person void of integrity "hates" another person. "Jealousy" works appropriately--very much so by us who acknowledge all things UConn wbb as "greatness". But "hate" ??? No room for that even in the hyperbole of sports chat.
Oh brother. We've been through this. If a sports fan does not hate other teams, players, coaches, fans, then they are not really a fan. A "fan" carries with it a certain connotation. And a certain responsibility. Otherwise you are just a casual observer. Without hate there is no personal investment.

To paraphrase Bill Shankly; some people think sports is a matter of life and death, I can assure you it is much more important than that.

Reaction Score
There is a huge difference between the two. BB is a wonderful coach, but personally, comes across as a jerk, someone who doesn't give a damn about anything but his team, his agenda and himself. If he has a nice side, he hides it well. He is the kind of coach that people love to hate because he makes it so so easy to do so. He is bright enough that he probably does it deliberately to take pressure off his players. And none of this says word one about the cheating issues.

At his worst, Geno is a wiseass, probably for the very same reason. But over the years, his record has earned him respect -- sometimes grudging, but respect nonetheless -- from everyone except some in the TN fan base. His role as a teacher, and as coach of the Olympic team, have contributed to this. He wrelcomes other who want to learn and schedules opponents to help their teams get off the ground. He has taken full advantage of opportunities that have come his way to demonstrate kindness (consider his words and actions when Pat's Alzheimer's was announced, and after her death).

Miles apart, IMHO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom