Behind UConn men's basketball team's August trip to Europe: 'Valuable experience' (Borges) | The Boneyard

Behind UConn men's basketball team's August trip to Europe: 'Valuable experience' (Borges)

Reaction Score
I agree an important trip in preparing for 2023/2024 season. Tomorrow is another big recruiting related day with the Red Sox game, which may impress a couple key targets, in regards to the opportunities a New England kid gets playing at UConn.

Reaction Score
The team leaves tomorrow for their Europe trip. Can't believe it's been 19 years since they've done one of these. At least that is what Borges said in here. I thought there was another one.

"As a team, (we want to) go out there and bond," added sophomore center Donovan Clingan. "Obviously, we're going to play basketball. But we're going to Europe, so you've got to enjoy it a little bit. Bring the team together, go win some games and put it all out on the floor, learn from those games, bring them to the practices and have a good season."

Alternate access:

UConn men's basketball team embarks on European tour of camaraderie, competition: 'Go out there and dominate'

Reaction Score
The team leaves tomorrow for their Europe trip. Can't believe it's been 19 years since they've done one of these. At least that is what Borges said in here. I thought there was another one.

"As a team, (we want to) go out there and bond," added sophomore center Donovan Clingan. "Obviously, we're going to play basketball. But we're going to Europe, so you've got to enjoy it a little bit. Bring the team together, go win some games and put it all out on the floor, learn from those games, bring them to the practices and have a good season."

Alternate access:

UConn men's basketball team embarks on European tour of camaraderie, competition: 'Go out there and dominate'

Going into the 2014 season they did that game un Germany against Mich St. I guess that isnt quite the same as this trip though.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
But seriously, they can’t send one student manager down there with his iPhone to live stream the game? That’d still be better than Flosports.

Reaction Score
But seriously, they can’t send one student manager down there with his iPhone to live stream the game? That’d still be better than Flosports.
You get UConn to pay for my trip and I'll do it. :)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If someone would compile a list of European trips and the subsequent season record and post it here, I will give them a "love". And I am very selective with my love.

Reaction Score
Pretty cool for the team. A lot of them had mentioned they’ve never been to Europe, so should be a great experience for bonding, teamwork and fun.

Reaction Score
Missed opportunity to not stream these games given the spike in fan engagement and interest after the natty. Kentucky did an overseas trip last year and it was on ESPN U and that was after a first round upset.

Reaction Score
I hope Jaylin Stewart is recovered to take part in the games. There is so much value to these trips, especially at a program like UConn. It doesn’t take long to fall behind.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I don't know why but I laugh every time someone actually complains that we can't watch their european exhibition games online. My favorite was when someone asked if they'd be televised.
I don’t think anyone who spends time reading the boneyard dot com should have a hard time figuring out why the people on said website are sad they can’t watch their favorite team play basketball. We’re all obsessed to some degree. We just packed into tiny St Joesphs gym just to watch them practice.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If they wanted a live stream, they would have one. Half the point is a safe space to try lineups and new sets without fans being judgmental tools about it. It also just might be against the rules.
... should wonder why the aren't live streaming the games. 429 has it right.
Could totally see this. Wouldn’t hurt to let a beat writer communicate that reasoning to the fans, but I digress.

Reaction Score
As much as I would like to see it streamed...not sure if giving others early scouting capabilities on our team is ideal.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ok, am I the only one who scanned the post title and came away thinking this was about the UConn basketball team learning about @August_West 's trip to Europe?
It's a good thing they haven't. The lack of an ending to the story would probably annoy all of them. The last we heard poor August's poor fiancée (now wife) was lying near death in a hotel room bed while August was admiring himself in his tux in the mirror.

Talk about a cliffhanger!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom