Before the game you'da given your left nut for the final score | The Boneyard

Before the game you'da given your left nut for the final score

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm just amazed at some of the early posts tonight. Seriously......tonight was magical...80%+ full at kick off.

Loud the whole frickin' game. As full as anyone has ever seen it in forever.

Talk of blow outs and embarrassment galore before the game.

Tonight Husky Nation did CT proud. The players did everything they could to win. Effort was through the roof. Nobody made bad plays on purpose. It is what it is.

I am quite sure Mich fans will go back and say we have a great college gameday experience. We kept their decent turn out quiet almost the whole game.

I couldn't be more proud of how things went tonight, outside of the loss. We were given gifts and we took advantage of them .Thank God we took advantage...we could have easily been beat 38-7.

Enjoy the moment. All you part time posters...STFU. Where were you the last few years. Sign up in Sept of 2011, post 30 times, probably on the BB board, and then blow smoke out your ass on how bad this team is? You're clueless.

Reaction Score
It was a great game to be at. That felt like big time football. Packed stadium, loud, great effort from the team, especially the defense.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think I value my 'left nut' over a close loss. But maybe that's just me.

Reaction Score
yeah I would give my left nut for this score if you asked me before the game but moral victories are for losers

Reaction Score
I agree....certainly was a raucous crowd......amazing atmosophere....and we played well and really hard for 60 minutes....So proud of all the guys......didn't seem to be any glaring coaching mistakes that I would have liked to take back (it's been a while since I said that).........I hope it goes to prove that we can play big time football on a big time stage...........Although we lost we can certainly hold our heads high.......headed to bed with my voice MIA..........

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Great atmosphere. I'm not going to get my voice back until late in the week. But I'm with whaler11, a loss is a loss. We had a 21-7 lead late and lost. In this kind of an atmosphere with Michigan dangling on the ropes, that is a game you have to win. If Christen hits the FG and Whitmer doesn't throw a duck into triple coverage, we win. At some point, our guys will win a game like this and then begin the process of learning how to win close games. Michigan is not that good and UCONN had that game in full control. Devastating loss.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I happen to like my left one, I like my right one as well (never really considered which I prefer as I always thought of them as a set that needs to remain intact).

This was the best I've felt at a home game since Rutgers in 2011. It was quite disappointing watching them give us the game only for us to give it back to them and there was painful irony in falling a yard and a half shy on fourth and forever at the end.

I walked away after the game convinced of a couple of things:

1 - The two Michigan fans who kept trying to start something with a few UConn fans on the way out (while the UConn fans said little more than be happy with the win, even if it was by only three points) may have been the biggest douches I've ever come across and considering my age and the travels I've had over the years, that is quite a statement.

2 - We absolutely can build something very special in football here. It will take a very ambitious, creative head coach, an athletic department willing to provide leadership, support and some effort in promotion of the program and perhaps a little luck (keeping the right coach here when other programs realize we have someone who is an asset), but we have the ingredients to become something very substantial.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Actually, I didn't learn much at all in this game that I didn't know around 5 pm driving into the parking lot and seeing Maryland up 30-0 at halftime on WVU. UConn had played Maryland tough, and lost, played Michigan tough, and lost, and played the 5th ranked Towson team tough, and lost.

The talent is there to play with all but the Top 10 or so teams in the country. The preparation and coaching is not.

Reaction Score
Actually, I didn't learn much at all in this game that I didn't know around 5 pm driving into the parking lot and seeing Maryland up 30-0 at halftime on WVU. UConn had played Maryland tough, and lost, played Michigan tough, and lost, and played the 5th ranked Towson team tough, and lost.

The talent is there to play with all but the Top 10 or so teams in the country. The preparation and coaching is not.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. THIS IS A JOKE RIGHT. THE TALENT IS THERE TO PLAY WITH TOP 10 TEAMS ???

Maryland called the dogs off early, the score of that game was not indicative of how bad of a beating it was. Michigan did everything in their power to give this game away with self inflicted turnovers. Dont get ahead of yourself skippy, the puppies are still 0-3

Reaction Score

HAHAHAHAHAHA. THIS IS A JOKE RIGHT. THE TALENT IS THERE TO PLAY WITH TOP 10 TEAMS ???

Maryland called the dogs off early, the score of that game was not indicative of how bad of a beating it was. Michigan did everything in their power to give this game away with self inflicted turnovers. Dont get ahead of yourself skippy, the puppies are still 0-3

That's not his point. This team has the horses to be a very respectable football team. Coaching is the issue.

Reaction Score

69 - Please calm down and read the sentence again ...

Reaction Score

It's easy to get seduced by the atmosphere and the effort the guys put out. They showed what could be under different circumstances. But the final sentences still hold true. We are 0-3. Michigan is not a great team and the program is going nowhere under the current regime. Before we waste 2 of the most talented commits ever to come out of the state we need to make a change.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I agree with the sentiment, this was a good atmosphere... which leads me to steal PP's line about having fun but being frustrated. Difference is, I'm a fan who was having fun and left frustrated, and he's the coach who is responsible for putting the team in a position to get wins, and then get them so that the fans can "have fun" and continue supporting the program. First two games, he did not put the team in the position to win, last night he did, but didn't get the W.

Reaction Score

Piss off, troll.

Reaction Score
2 - We absolutely can build something very special in football here. It will take a very ambitious, creative head coach, an athletic department willing to provide leadership, support and some effort in promotion of the program and perhaps a little luck (keeping the right coach here when other programs realize we have someone who is an asset), but we have the ingredients to become something very substantial.

This^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits