Beer | Page 245 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Didn’t have heady topper but had Tilted Barn on draft at the Patriots game. Fantastic beer.

727D05EB-1FAD-490B-8768-C82402E134D2.jpeg

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yeah the logic on the can is bunk. Kimmich made a whole Youtube video about it because people kept asking about it. And he laid out some reasoning, including that Oxygen bomb hypothesis. And that logic is also bunk. I recommend it (and most beers) out of a glass.
I agree most if not all are better from a glass, and I never watched his videos, but my theory was that drinking from the can means that it hits a different part of your palate first than it does when drinking from a glass, and perhaps with that particular hop profile it hits better that way.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Hitting TB and one of my other favorite farm breweries, Fox Farm, on my way to Newport tomorrow. Amazing that TB is on draft at Gillette. Couldn’t have imagined that even a few years ago.
Sadly I have no idea what it was. But damn it was great.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Second year in a row I've been in Netherlands during Sep/Oct.

Visited La Trappe monastery and brewery today. Similar to what many microbrews do with the outdoor seating and some grub to go along with the beers. Had the cheese and bread sampler with both being made on site.

Picked up an 8-pack sampler from gift shop for $14.

This was the Puur.
20220925_145907.jpg

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Did about 6-7 hours of driving around Belgium and Netherlands today.

Redemption was achieved getting this from Zundert.

Was over in same area last year and Google maps did me dirty with directions and put me on a one way dirt road that ended with me in a car, some dairy cows, barbed wire fencing, a water aqueduct ditch and no beer.

Gonna make these taste even sweeter knowing it took me 54 weeks to get them.

20221001_162711.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Did about 6-7 hours of driving around Belgium and Netherlands today.

Redemption was achieved getting this from Zundert.

Was over in same area last year and Google maps did me dirty with directions and put me on a one way dirt road that ended with me in a car, some dairy cows, barbed wire fencing, a water aqueduct ditch and no beer.

Gonna make these taste even sweeter knowing it took me 54 weeks to get them.

View attachment 79459
Please tell me you also bought some lambics. Anything from Cantillon.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Please tell me you also bought some lambics. Anything from Cantillon.

Not today. Plenty of lambics around as wanted. Went to a microbrew in Eindhoven last night. 100 Watt brewery. A play on Phillips electronics which has a big presence in that city. All their beers were spot on.

But, I am mostly concentrating on the Belgian ales- Blondes, Dubbels, Tripels, Quads, Grand Crus....

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Not everyone enjoys lambics. I don't. Had a lot of great beers in Belgium when there in 2019. That includes one kriek, one geuzue, one framboise, didn't care for any of 'em.
Same. I’ve had several Cantillon. I appreciate how well made and delicate they are, but it’s not my thing. Would rather just drink wine. I do like quads though. Chimay Bleau was the first beer I ordered in Bruges.

Reaction Score
Same. I’ve had several Cantillon. I appreciate how well made and delicate they are, but it’s not my thing. Would rather just drink wine. I do like quads though. Chimay Bleau was the first beer I ordered in Bruges.
I’m just the opposite. I’d rather drink a well made lager than a Belgian quad. Give me all the Cantillon, 3 Fonteinen, Gueuze Tilquin though. Different strokes for different folks!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Not everyone enjoys lambics. I don't. Had a lot of great beers in Belgium when there in 2019. That includes one kriek, one geuzue, one framboise, didn't care for any of 'em.
I’m just the opposite. I’d rather drink a well made lager than a Belgian quad. Give me all the Cantillon, 3 Fonteinen, Gueuze Tilquin though. Different strokes for different folks!

Well, anything I'll try once, I'll try three times.

Lambics have been harder to find than I expected. Finally found a Lindeman's Kriek. I realize there is more to the style than just this beer but not a fan.

I will say this, not all quads are my cup of tea. Plenty of these brewers I've enjoyed a blonde, dubbel, or tripel more than the quads.

I will say this. Every Grand Cru I've had has been phenomenal.

Reaction Score
Well, anything I'll try once, I'll try three times.

Lambics have been harder to find than I expected. Finally found a Lindeman's Kriek. I realize there is more to the style than just this beer but not a fan.

I will say this, not all quads are my cup of tea. Plenty of these brewers I've enjoyed a blonde, dubbel, or tripel more than the quads.

I will say this. Every Grand Cru I've had has been phenomenal.
Agree with you on grand cru. Some fantastic examples from Belgian breweries. I’ll bite my tongue on Lindeman’s. I’ll just say this… there’s a reason why you can easily find their framboise and kriek at Trader Joe’s throughout the U.S.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Agree with you on grand cru. Some fantastic examples from Belgian breweries. I’ll bite my tongue on Lindeman’s. I’ll just say this… there’s a reason why you can easily find their framboise and kriek at Trader Joe’s throughout the U.S.
I'm not a fan of the style, but those are definitely not top tier examples.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm not a fan of the style, but those are definitely not top tier examples.

I realize they are not the best, but as of now, it's all I can find.

Reaction Score
I realize they are not the best, but as of now, it's all I can find.
Not at all surprised. There are so many American lovers of spontaneous/mixed fermentation beers traveling to Belgium these days with multiple empty suitcases. They fly to Brussels, spend a few days tasting everything they can, buy up available bottles, and fly back with 2 or 3 full suitcases.

Two years ago, Shelton Brothers Importers - the primary distributor of the small quantities of Cantillon, Drie Fonteinen, Fantôme and De La Senne that made it to the U.S. - ceased operations. So hard to find here now. Secondary market is too pricey for me to justify (and explain away to my wife!).

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Not at all surprised. There are so many American lovers of spontaneous/mixed fermentation beers traveling to Belgium these days with multiple empty suitcases. They fly to Brussels, spend a few days tasting everything they can, buy up available bottles, and fly back with 2 or 3 full suitcases.

Two years ago, Shelton Brothers Importers - the primary distributor of the small quantities of Cantillon, Drie Fonteinen, Fantôme and De La Senne that made it to the U.S. - ceased operations. So hard to find here now. Secondary market is too pricey for me to justify (and explain away to my wife!).
I forgot that Shelton Brothers shut down. They always had a baller table at Beervana, including the names you listed. The fanboys would line up there first, but I usually got a taste or two.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
No beer Mon-Thurs for me barring extenuating circumstances (concert, game etc.) but Friday is open season. Anybody else apply FIFO accounting to beers that are best fresh? Oldest first.

5669D078-7D7F-494D-855E-8A0DDF1281BC.jpeg

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
No beer Mon-Thurs for me barring extenuating circumstances (concert, game etc.) but Friday is open season. Anybody else apply FIFO accounting to beers that are best fresh? Oldest first.

View attachment 79606

Absolutely, especially with the NE hop bombs. Treehouse, in particular, really loses some oomph at about the 2 week mark, in my experience.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom