Been away...any more news on the SNY debacle | The Boneyard

Been away...any more news on the SNY debacle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
from Saturday? One would think our friends in the media would be on this..

Any news?

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Ha ha - Don't think the SNY guys will respond to "what's good?" or Angry Jeff. The CT Post, now minus-Neil Ostrout, put out a pathetically short quip this morning... http://www.ctpost.com/uconn/article/Mets-UConn-overlap-upsets-some-viewers-2189863.php

Pretty clear what happened, at least to me. Impacted people in areas that should have seen the game had the same issue as DirecTV - they only have one SNY feed coming in, and it's the NY-specific feed, not the "outer" feed. Should be fixable, but it's fair to say that this doesn't cause an issue very often.

What's more annoying, and something nobody is asking - why wasn't the ESPN3 blackout lifted for all of CT/NY? This could have been used for most of the people in non-Fairfield County CT as a backup, including on campus.

Reaction Score
I also got boxing re-runs here in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area throughout the entire game. Luckily, I was able to get the game on ESPN3 but it's just not the same watching on a laptop. I wrote them at the time but didn't hear back. No big surprise there. I just hope it's fixed.

Reaction Score
It was a debacle. I was able to DVR the game when it ran late Saturday night. Had to to hit record when the game started and subsequently tape "Geico Sportsnite" and keep recording 3 hours after the program ends. Was able to get the game on TV that way.

I have given up on ESPN3. If I have to do it I will, but the feed has been absolutely horrible.

Reaction Score
On Cablevision...I was able to get the game live....but the wierd part was when I recorded it on the DVR, it played back as the boxing reruns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom