Becky Hammon finalizing deal to coach Las Vegas Aces | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Becky Hammon finalizing deal to coach Las Vegas Aces

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Since you seem so well informed, what are the statistics on male coaches who have used NBA assistant positions as a springboard into college head coaching positions? I'm genuinely curious. Thanks.

We just saw juwan Howard do it to Michigan

Patrick Ewing

Just two that did it fairly Recently.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Jerry Stackhouse to Vanderbilt.

Yeah. Another one.

I believe kelvin sampson went to the nba before coming back to college.

Mike Woodson was an nba coach before indiana

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
We just saw juwan Howard do it to Michigan

Patrick Ewing

Just two that did it fairly Recently.
Yes, I realize some have done it. My curiosity is over trends and percentages, e.g., how do those numbers stack up against those that haven't left for college positions?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Good for her, but I don't understand the high salary. She hasn't proven anything as a head coach, and her pick as an NBA assistant was very Kamala like. Me thinks it is a kick in the arse to many successful, veteran, WNBA coaches.
So far as I know, her pick as an NBA assistant was driven by her relationship with Popovich developed during her time with the San Antonio WNBA franchise.

She was - at least so far as is known - extremely successful as an Assistant for "Pop". I'm sure he strongly recommended her for the job.

Sadly, while there are plenty of veteran WNBA coaches I suppose, not many have really been highly successful. Someone above said Cheryl Reeve is making out quite well, she comes to mind as one of the most successful. In college basketball, Adia Barnes here in Arizona is around the 10th highest paid coach, after 5 years on the job. So I am not bothered by Becky's salary.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom