Bechtle and Flynn put on full scholarship | The Boneyard

Bechtle and Flynn put on full scholarship

Reaction Score
To add…it’s great to see UConn’s media team putting these types of videos and content up. They’re finally catching up to other programs in terms of social media content. Was very basic under RE. While not important to many of us…this is big for potential prospects and younger fans. Free marketing….sell the crap out of this program! Excited for “The Breakdown” that’s launching Sunday on social media. Great to see some content from behind the scenes.

Reaction Score
John Bechtle got a classy shout out from Union (NJ) HS Football for his hard earned and well deserved UConn scholarship. How cool that it came from Union. John had been a standout player at Watchung Hills HS, one of Union’s rivals in the Big Central Conference.

Attachments

• D499422E-EDAB-4708-B863-2885E6228EB5.jpeg
    D499422E-EDAB-4708-B863-2885E6228EB5.jpeg
    605.9 KB · Views: 126
Reaction Score
John Bechtle got a classy shout out from Union (NJ) HS Football for his hard earned and well deserved UConn scholarship. How cool that it came from Union. John had been a standout player at Watchung Hills HS, one of Union’s rivals in the Big Central Conference.
Very much old school but good stuff.

Reaction Score

Backdoor <<<

-> Mora was brought in after last season to try to restore the pride in a program that a decade ago was considered on the rise. Asked what he thought the new coach and his staff saw to reward him with a scholarship, Flynn said: “I just tried to work my butt off every single day. When they started to move me up, every chance I got to catch the ball, I think making the most of my opportunities was the biggest thing.

“Not playing and being on the scout team the first three years (UConn called off its season in 2020) and then the coaching change kind of gave me an opportunity for a fresh start in a way,” Flynn said. “It has allowed me to prove myself once again.”

Asked the same question on Tuesday, Mora said, “He’s a consistent player. He works hard everyday. He’s dependable as a pass catcher. He’s not afraid of taking a hit after he catches it. He’s a hard worker with a great attitude. He’s a player that the other players respect, they cheer for, they pull for. If you haven’t seen the video of when we announced that he and John got the scholarships, it was just ... I got goosebumps. I get goosebumps every time I watch it, because it was just this pure joy.

“And I ... never even said they got a scholarship. All I said was, ‘Y’all know what I’m about to say,’ but I never said it. But the great thing is, I didn’t have to. With both of those guys, the way they’ve come out every single day, you know, and fought for it. You know, I was a walk-on at University of Washington and earned a scholarship my freshman year. So I just have a deep appreciation for guys that are in that situation. And it was really, really cool to see the way their teammates reacted.” <-

Reaction Score

Key to the backdoor if needed <<

-> Jacob Flynn walked on to the UConn football program, and for three years he worked and walked among the multitude of players largely anonymous. He kept quiet, kept his head down, kept at it. Then one day last spring, one of the new coaches, passing game coordinator John Allen, stopped him and barked, “Hey, stop acting like a walk-on, you’re good enough.”

“I didn’t have it in my head that I was acting like a walk-on,” Flynn said. “But I understood and it really helped. It was kind of like, ‘don’t act scared, nervous.’ It built my confidence up.”<-

Reaction Score

Key to the backdoor if needed <<

-> Jacob Flynn walked on to the UConn football program, and for three years he worked and walked among the multitude of players largely anonymous. He kept quiet, kept his head down, kept at it. Then one day last spring, one of the new coaches, passing game coordinator John Allen, stopped him and barked, “Hey, stop acting like a walk-on, you’re good enough.”

“I didn’t have it in my head that I was acting like a walk-on,” Flynn said. “But I understood and it really helped. It was kind of like, ‘don’t act scared, nervous.’ It built my confidence up.”<-

I’m pretty sure that’s a change in culture. Randy gave scholarships to walk-ons too but I guarantee you Mora treats them better. This is a 62 year old guy that knows how to coach like a 42 year old guy. He doesn’t scare you into being better, he builds you up to be better.

Reaction Score
I’m pretty sure that’s a change in culture. Randy gave scholarships to walk-ons too but I guarantee you Mora treats them better.
“You know, I was a walk-on at University of Washington and earned a scholarship my freshman year. So I just have a deep appreciation for guys that are in that situation.”

Reaction Score
I’m pretty sure that’s a change in culture. Randy gave scholarships to walk-ons too but I guarantee you Mora treats them better. This is a 62 year old guy that knows how to coach like a 42 year old guy. He doesn’t scare you into being better, he builds you up to be better.

Mora is 60 Until November 19.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Bechtle and Flynn. Sounds like a law firm, accounting firm or PR firm. Could also be the names of two detectives in cop TV show but not the name of the show itself.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom