Beavers headed to Cincy | The Boneyard

Beavers headed to Cincy

Reaction Score
This isn't good though I wish him well and all.
And the way things are in general, you aren't always going to be rewarded by redshirting guys. Year 5 is never guaranteed. Obviously 3 and 4 to a lesser degree.

Reaction Score
Of all the transfers this one stings the most. Best of luck to him, high motor player who I believed would only get better and better.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Gonna suck if he has a 4 sack game against us.
Yeah- no doubt. Very curious to see what kind of playing time he gets at a program that has no trouble recruiting.

Reaction Score
Yeah- no doubt. Very curious to see what kind of playing time he gets at a program that has no trouble recruiting.
I think he will do alright. I know he only had 4 sacks but he got consistently into the backfield. I'd rather lose kids to Assumption than Cincinnati.

Reaction Score
I have a difficult time when players leave a school that recruited him, and gave him playing time, for a school that didn't even give him a look the first time around. If he's homesick, maybe that's easier to swallow. No, I'm having a hard time with this one.

Reaction Score
I have a difficult time when players leave a school that recruited him, and gave him playing time, for a school that didn't even give him a look the first time around. If he's homesick, maybe that's easier to swallow. No, I'm having a hard time with this one.
You sure they didn't give him a look?

Reaction Score
This one hurts. I would have liked to see him in Spanos' defense.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
What happened to not transferring to conference opponent?

Reaction Score
Based on Edsall's stance on transfer rules (he's quite vocal and public about it) I doubt he would make cause any trouble for Beavers.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Didn't get the memo? No rules for anyone anywhere at anytime. Modern society 3.0.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Based on Edsall's stance on transfer rules (he's quite vocal and public about it) I doubt he would make cause any trouble for Beavers.
Didn't get the memo? No rules for anyone anywhere at anytime. Modern society 3.0.

Kind of horsesheet in my opinion, but if he went to Randy pleading special circumstances, I guess it is fine. It bugs me though.

Reaction Score
I understand Randy giving him the Trevardo Williams comparison, but I didn’t like the move to DE. I get he struggled in pass coverage, but it’s difficult to get a true read because the defensive backs were all lost. Beavers was by far the best pound for pound athlete on the defense and way undersized for DE. I liked him at LB.

Reaction Score
I understand Randy giving him the Trevardo Williams comparison, but I didn’t like the move to DE. I get he struggled in pass coverage, but it’s difficult to get a true read because the defensive backs were all lost. Beavers was by far the best pound for pound athlete on the defense and way undersized for DE. I liked him at LB.
It was necessary

Reaction Score

He struggled at linebacker the same as he did as an end - he was very poor against the run. With that said his quick first step made him an asset as a pass rusher. And as he continued to mature I envisioned him becoming at least competent against the run.

I am still trying to figure out where our speed rushers are.

Reaction Score
Kind of horsesheet in my opinion, but if he went to Randy pleading special circumstances, I guess it is fine. It bugs me though.
Here's why it doesn't bother me. These kids get 4 years to play and they want to win. When they're recruited I'm sure coaches aren't pitching ground up restoration and 5 year plans. Reason 5001, as to what you say matters.

Reaction Score
Here's why it doesn't bother me. These kids get 4 years to play and they want to win. When they're recruited I'm sure coaches aren't pitching ground up restoration and 5 year plans. Reason 5001, as to what you say matters.
We also have no idea what may be going on in the young mans personal life. So for him being closer to home may be just what he needs right now. Hope it is in his best interest in every way.

Reaction Score
We also have no idea what may be going on in the young mans personal life. So for him being closer to home may be just what he needs right now. Hope it is in his best interest in every way.

Girlfriend goes to univ of Cincy I’m hearing. Good enough reason for the young lad to be homesick and transfer..

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Nice. hope it works out well. he comes from a big time hs program only reason he wasn't more heavily recruited was because he was undersized. Seems like a growth spurt had fixed that issue

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom