Beat Louisville | The Boneyard

Beat Louisville

Reaction Score
How are we going to beat Louisville?
Stops Asia Durr. Easy said than done without sacrifice.
If we face guard her using CD than our offense will be hurting, KLS is not in the shape, CW is inexperienced, I say put Walker on Asia, Walker is athletic and experienced, I think if Walker can denied Asia Durr the ball 50 percent of the game we are going to be okay.

Go Walker! Go Uconn!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Is this game really at noon?

Reaction Score
Is this game really at noon?
1554035585040.png

Reaction Score
How are we going to beat Louisville?
Stops Asia Durr. Easy said than done without sacrifice.
If we face guard her using CD than our offense will be hurting, KLS is not in the shape, CW is inexperienced, I say put Walker on Asia, Walker is athletic and experienced, I think if Walker can denied Asia Durr the ball 50 percent of the game we are going to be okay.

Go Walker! Go Uconn!
I don't like Walker on her. Walker is crucial inside rebounding, which is our biggest concern.
I could see CW face-guarding her. I agree with you about her lack of experience. I would argue that face-guarding is actually easier, because it involves no helping. I would worry that it would hurt CW's offense, but I don't know her that well. Maybe it would amp her up.
There's another common strategy against a star player: let them get theirs and shut down everybody else. A couple thoughts.

Reaction Score
Ok, bear with me. Earlier this season we beat ND when C Williams came out of nowhere and scored 28 points. In years past J Walz did not guard a freshman, T Hayes, and said let her beat me. She fired it up with those rainbow threes and we won. If he takes that road again today concentrating on Pheesa, C Williams and M Walker are going to have to pour in the points. We need 40 points combined from those two.

Reaction Score
Whatever happens beginning at noon today, I'm very proud of this team. These ladies started out in November without a starting center, with an untried starting freshman guard, with a starting sophomore who had struggled through a disappointing freshman season, with a star sharpshooter returning after months recovering from major ankle surgery, with no bench to speak of, save an untried freshman post player. And yet, here we are at the end of March with the team having lost just twice, competing in the Elite Eight for the fourteenth straight year, and with a shot at the Final Four.

Whatever happens, they've struggled and fought and persevered. I'm proud of them.

Good luck, Connecticut! We're behind you all the way!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
This probably will not happen, but I would really like to see Mikayla get some minutes guarding Durr. I know Mikayla gives us very little on offense, but she is the Huskies best man-to-man defender. Since she hasn’t played in either of the past two games, it’s unlikely she will get in unless multiple players have foul problems.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Ok, bear with me. Earlier this season we beat ND when C Williams came out of nowhere and scored 28 points. In years past J Walz did not guard a freshman, T Hayes, and said let her beat me. She fired it up with those rainbow threes and we won. If he takes that road again today concentrating on Pheesa, C Williams and M Walker are going to have to pour in the points. We need 40 points combined from those two.
Would love to have 40 point from those two just not expecting it. On the season those two average 23.3 combined so you would be asking each to almost double their average. They are freshmen and Sophomore respectively. I would be happy if they hit their season averages. The upperclassmen are going to have to carry this team.

Reaction Score
I will state one thing if we don’t shoot better from 3 than the last two games then we lose this one. Shooting 25% from 3 is not going to get it done against Louisville

Reaction Score
If it were up to me, I would combine CD, CW, and Mikayla on Durr and be willing to let her get 25 (she's that good), but I would really want to limit the supporting cast (especially no 3's from them). When the other supporting players start hitting 3's, it builds momentum and in a defensive game, those 3's really add up.

Reaction Score
Without KLS being less than even 90% UConn is swimming upstream. Louisville finally beat UConn and now has something they never had before going into a game vs UConn and that's confidence. Louisville also, just beat a better Pac12 team than UConn did by a wider margin. Their coaches will never let UConn take Durr out of the O for the majority of the game. That, of course, is something which is foreign to UConn because for the last 3 seasons strong opponents have continually been allowed to take KLS out of the O for the majority of games. And, Durr isn't even on the same level as KLS as a total shooter. However, again if KLS is not even close to 90% which so far that's what appears to the case, then UConn doesn't have much of a chance anyway.

Reaction Score
We. Are. Doooomed. That is all.

I have to record the game and stay off all social media until I can watch it later today.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I don't like Walker on her. Walker is crucial inside rebounding, which is our biggest concern.
I could see CW face-guarding her. I agree with you about her lack of experience. I would argue that face-guarding is actually easier, because it involves no helping. I would worry that it would hurt CW's offense, but I don't know her that well. Maybe it would amp her up.
There's another common strategy against a star player: let them get theirs and shut down everybody else. A couple thoughts.

I don’t like Walker on her either because of Walker’s propensity to foul. Megan would take herself out of the game with 2 first quarter fouls if she was assigned to guard Durr.

We can’t afford to lose any of our starters to early foul trouble today. Whoever is assigned to guard her is going to have to do it without fouling her. Coombs May get her first taste of action today if the starting unit can’t stop Durr.

Durr will be their leading scorer today as usual. If our team can keep her under 20 points, I’d say our chances were better than good of coming away with a win.

Reaction Score
Shut down or limit Carter and Evans and we’ll be okay.

MW and CW hopefully hit their avg.

Liv concentrates on D and not fouling, any points are just gravy.

Durr — This could be a “Jordan kills it for 60 and the Bulls still lose” game.

Reaction Score
WCBB is all about momentum and psychology.
Louisville is going to look for their leader in every possession. If we can denied Durr's touch they will trow up bricks in panic!!!!
I like the idea of Combs as a back up face-guard but Walker is the main man guarding Durr.
CW's offense is needed, she can score a bunch in a hurry when she's hot I hope today is her turn.

We need to disrupt their offense, and disrupting Durr will get us a victory.

GO UCONN!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
From this game and every game forward this is now a mental game. For the first time that I can remember every team in this years G8 could win the championship. Playing loose and has to be at a near perfect offensive and defensive game we have a great chance.

Reaction Score
From this game and every game forward this is now a mental game. For the first time that I can remember every team in this years G8 could win the championship. Playing loose and has to be at a near perfect offensive and defensive game we have a great chance.

Remember Shabazz Napier. A one man show that broke Michigan State Tommy Izzo and later defeated UK to win the NC. Love it!

It's all about psych! If you can put your opponents unease they will panic.

Reaction Score
Shut down or limit Carter and Evans and we’ll be okay.

MW and CW hopefully hit their avg.

Liv concentrates on D and not fouling, any points are just gravy.

Durr — This could be a “Jordan kills it for 60 and the Bulls still lose” game.

Sort of agree - give Durr her shots/points. Limiting Carter and Feuhring (Sp?) are to me the keys to victory.

Reaction Score
Shutting down Durr.
All five starters in double digits. Victory.

Reaction Score
Remember Shabazz Napier. A one man show that broke Michigan State Tommy Izzo and later defeated UK to win the NC. Love it!

It's all about psych! If you can put your opponents unease they will panic.
Which ever team plays 40 minutes of energy, confidence and smart wins this game.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Whatever happens beginning at noon today, I'm very proud of this team. These ladies started out in November without a starting center, with an untried starting freshman guard, with a starting sophomore who had struggled through a disappointing freshman season, with a star sharpshooter returning after months recovering from major ankle surgery, with no bench to speak of, save an untried freshman post player. And yet, here we are at the end of March with the team having lost just twice, competing in the Elite Eight for the fourteenth straight year, and with a shot at the Final Four.

Whatever happens, they've struggled and fought and persevered. I'm proud of them.

Good luck, Connecticut! We're behind you all the way!
While of course we want UConn to win, one way or another we are lucky and spoiled. We almost always get to have our season extended at least to the next to last week of the season and very often the last. The worst part of our great program is the seasons have to end. Go Huskies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom