Beat ECU or UCF or Cincy at home | The Boneyard

Beat ECU or UCF or Cincy at home

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Essential for us to go bowling.

A win in one of those games would go along way to believing that we are on the right track.

We aren't good enough to out play them, we'll need to play mistake free and get some of the breaks that have gone against us to fall out way. Probably need a +3 TO ratio to win.

Tulane, Memphis, Army & SMU are all winnable.

Reaction Score

A win in one of those games would go along way to believing that we are on the right track.

We aren't good enough to out play them, we'll need to play mistake free and get some of the breaks that have gone against us to fall out way. Probably need a +3 TO ratio to win.

whatever you're snorting, I'll have a double.

Reaction Score

You crazy.

Reaction Score

I got to hand it to you for optimism . I would say from this sample size that only SMU is winnable.

Reaction Score
Your positive attitude is amazing, but I think it may be a sign of insanity. Please see a mental health professional. If we equal last year's 3 wins we should release balloons and launch fireworks over the Rent

Reaction Score
+3 with mistake free, that move is not on the chessboard sd.

Reaction Score
jbdphi said:
Have you paid any attention to Memphis this year? I honestly don't think that's a winnable game anymore.

And SMU handled us easily last year. I'm not feeling good about that either.

Reaction Score
Have you paid any attention to Memphis this year? I honestly don't think that's a winnable game anymore.
Agree with you Jb, .. Memphis is now one to two years ahead of us in the turnaround project. Fuentes, in his third year-finally has his players in there....and is out of the same Hayden Fry coaching tree as Diaco. He has them on a path for respectability and success. They will go 7 & 5 this year having lost both their games to top 15 teams in the 4th quarter. When they visited the Rent last year, they had already gone to a freshmen QB, were starting all young players, had had a dismal season and for many, it was their first time in the cold. To beat them, we need to play error free and have made a change to new starting QB. They have Cincy away this week.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Agree with you Jb, .. Memphis is now one to two years ahead of us in the turnaround project. Fuentes, in his third year-finally has his players in there....and is out of the same Hayden Fry coaching tree as Diaco. He has them on a path for respectability and success. They will go 7 & 5 this year having lost both their games to top 15 teams in the 4th quarter. When they visited the Rent last year, they had already gone to a freshmen QB, were starting all young players, had had a dismal season and for many, it was their first time in the cold. To beat them, we need to play error free and have made a change to new starting QB. They have Cincy away this week.

Yep. If anyone remembers, in Fuentes' first year, Memphis won their last three games of the year against poor competition (sound familiar?) and then struggled the following year but showed promise at times. This year they are much more consistent and are a better team. I give them a decent chance against Cincinnati and Houston this year and since they don't play UCF or ECU, have a shot at a share of the conference.

Reaction Score
First year of a turn around project, given what we all know has transpired- if we go 3 & 9, beating Army and SMU by playing all YOUNG players to boot (with a change needed at QB), given we now know we have, at best, a D2/D3 line ...at this point - I will take it and feel we have accomplished something this year and look forward to next year !

Major question: can you win 2 more games with the current cast and/or do you continue to burn redshirts and get them game experience? Major selling point to top recruits in the recruiting cycle is they can come to our rebuilding program, and possibly be playing (sooner) rather than being stuck in the 4 deep at a current big time established program.

Reaction Score
I am fairly confident that we don't sweep Tulane, Army, and SMU.

And as crazy as it sounds getting one of those WTF wins against one of the 3 teams mentioned in the OP is not out of the question. Well maybe not @ ECU.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Cincinnati isn't that good. I'm not convinced they are better than Memphis. I think the Tigers are 40/60 to beat them on the road this week.

That being said UCF is their best chance to steal one of those three.

I know people see the name Memphis and make assumptions - that's a bad matchup for UConn.

It would seem impossible to lose to SMU. As bad as they are plus going on the road in December when everyone associated with the program worried about their next job.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Tulane is just a run of the mill bad team.

They are bad on both sides of the ball - turn it over a lot and get blown out in the second half (83-20).

The Rutgers game was Dave W's wet dream. Did you know Gary Nova was going to Pitt until he got the gate? You'd think he'd be over it by now .

Reaction Score

Those four are winnable tis true. So our best shot is against Cincy or UCF at home. ECU away is going to be near impossible. If we win six games after the start we have had it will feel like a Super Bowl or an FBS bowl victory!

Reaction Score
Those four are winnable tis true. So our best shot is against Cincy or UCF at home. ECU away is going to be near impossible. If we win six games after the start we have had it will feel like a Super Bowl or an FBS bowl victory!

I like to think the good thoughts, but after what we saw at the stadium on Saturday, I just can't buy it. I'm hoping for a 4 win team right now, I think that is realistic.

Reaction Score
I like to think the good thoughts, but after what we saw at the stadium on Saturday, I just can't buy it. I'm hoping for a 4 win team right now, I think that is realistic.

I think 4 wins is the ceiling. 5 is stretching it.

2 of 3 from Tulane, SMU, and Army and maybe they pick someone off at home. Memphis on the road?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Memphis, Cincinnati, ECU, SMU, and Tulane won't have trouble beating us. All they have to do is rush the QB and we lose. The defense will bend and break and it'll be a 30 to 10-15ish score. Army will blow us out dude. They put up 21 pts against Wake Forest. We've put up 21pts once all year...

Reaction Score
Memphis, Cincinnati, ECU, SMU, and Tulane won't have trouble beating us. All they have to do is rush the QB and we lose. The defense will bend and break and it'll be a 30 to 10-15ish score. Army will blow us out dude. They put up 21 pts against Wake Forest. We've put up 21pts once all year...

The thing with SMU is they are getting absolutely sod~omized without lube. They are a very young team, this is not the team we played last year. I think that's a W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom