OT: - bear (tv show) | The Boneyard

OT: bear (tv show)

Reaction Score
Awesome! Love that city and we tore it down. It was my de facto bachelor party with great friends, great music and great food.
We have all our tornado sirens going off right now.

Watch The Bear TV show if you haven't already. I finished it last night, they capture Chicago better than anything else I've seen.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It gets better and better. A couple of the episodes in season 2 are some of the best things I've seen on TV
I just finished it. It keeps getting better.

CL82

Reaction Score
It really was an amazing season…resonates with people in so many different ways.
It is the most magnificently dysfunctional group of characters. Season two, and particularly the seven fishes episode, goes a long way to explaining the why of that. I have to say Jamie Lee Curtis is killing it in her role as Donna. I also have to say I was enjoying the upward story arc for the characters, until the end of the season hook which sets up potential conflict and challenges for season three.
I also like cousin being less of an ass, though it's hard to imagine one week being so transformative for him.

Reaction Score
It is the most magnificently dysfunctional group of characters. Season two, and particularly the seven fishes episode, goes a long way to explaining the why of that. I have to say Jamie Lee Curtis is killing it in her role as Donna. I also have to say I was enjoying the upward story arc for the characters, until the end of the season hook which sets up potential conflict and challenges for season three.
We just finished season 2 last night. One of my favorite shows ever. Unfortunately with this stupid writer's strike, it's gonna be a loooooong time before there's a season 3.

Reaction Score
We just finished season 2 last night. One of my favorite shows ever. Unfortunately with this stupid writer's strike, it's gonna be a loooooong time before there's a season 3.
Seven fishes was one of the best episodes I’ve ever seen.

Agreed on Season 3. Could see it turning towards Carmy and the family a bit more. I already can’t wait!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Season two is a bit too artsy for me but it’s good.

I also need to remind myself it’s a different character than he is in Shameles multiple times an episode.

CL82

Reaction Score
Hard to make an argument against Seven Fishes
Unless of course you're my wife...

Mrs. 82: "Oh my god what are you watching? They have just been screaming at each other for the whole show"

Me: Yeah they have!

"Throw that fork at me one more time."

CL82

Reaction Score
7 fishes to Forks is the best 1-2 in a long time.
I hadn't thought about that, but you're definitely right.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Anyone watch Succession, top 3 of all time for me. Haven’t caught the Bear yet.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
There are a few posts on The Bear over here.

Couple of nights ago I got my wife to watch Fishes as a one-off as she hadn't seen any other episodes. She was astounded by it. Other than one small part when Mike and Carmi are talking while getting graham crackers, you really didn't need to know much of anything about the characters. She told me she thought about that episode often at work the next day, it was so intense.

Emmy nominations just came out, but none of S2 is included as those episodes won't qualify till next year. But I do hope the committees remember Fishes and that JLC gets a nom as well as whomever directed that insanity.

Reaction Score
I actually enjoyed the Forks episode more than the Christmas one, but its an unbelievable TV show
Forks is excellent. Richie is the heart and soul of the show, I know some Richies.

The show is also pretty damn authentic Chicago. They got the lingo down pretty well, the sports stuff, they're using real Chicago restaurants and real Chicago chefs. Syd going around trying all those restaurants for inspiration, those are good spots and the real chefs are in the show.

They have a diverse kitchen but the one thing they miss the mark on is not having Mexicans in their kitchen. From the no frills places to the highest end restaurants in the the city it's Mexicans cooking your food.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
They have a diverse kitchen but the one thing they miss the mark on is not having Mexicans in their kitchen. From the no frills places to the highest end restaurants in the the city it's Mexicans cooking your food.
Bourdain told us so way back in 1999.

fwiw, not sure what Tina's character backstory is, but IRL she was born in NYC to Puerto Rican parents.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom