BE vs Big 12 Battle matchup set | Page 2 | The Boneyard

BE vs Big 12 Battle matchup set

Reaction Score
Thats good, now we just need a marquee non conference game at home for next season.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
My guess is it is just for the Islanders new arena opening or at most 1 game a year. Part of their recruiting pitch is playing at MSG so it would be silly to start playing at UBS instead of MSG.
But a game vs KU at a new arena is a nice way to break it on. Tait is very reliable on KU news.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Tait is very reliable on KU news.
Maybe so, but the combination of "USB Arena" and "between Queens & Long Island" didn't inspire confidence that he knows what he's talking about.

First of all, it's the UBS Arena, (named for the largest private banking company in the world), and it is sited in Elmont, NY, which is at the border of the NYC Borough of Queens and adjacent Nassau County, both of which are part of the same land mass that is named Long Island.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
How much of the game will feature side by side cameras honed in on specifically Huggins and Hurley?

Reaction Score
Amazing but true. Although truth be told, he doesn't look so good. The man can still coach though.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Maybe so, but the combination of "USB Arena" and "between Queens & Long Island" didn't inspire confidence that he knows what he's talking about.

First of all, it's the UBS Arena, (named for the largest private banking company in the world), and it is sited in Elmont, NY, which is at the border of the NYC Borough of Queens and adjacent Nassau County, both of which are part of the same land mass that is named Long Island.

I used to have an account there, autocorrect often changes it to USB. Sounds like it’s between Queens and LI, nobody calls Queens Long Island, even if it is.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I used to have an account there, autocorrect often changes it to USB. Sounds like it’s between Queens and LI, nobody calls Queens Long Island, even if it is.
When I lived in Greenwich Village and mediated weekly in Brooklyn 25 years ago, I first heard people commonly say that they were going "into the city" or "out to the island." Of course, I knew that that they meant Manhattan in the former case, and Nassau or Suffolk Counties in the latter...even though Brooklyn (like Queens) is both IN New York City and ON Long Island.

By comparably generous interpretation, "in-between Queens and Long Island" is a great phrase for a facility located in Elmont, which sits just beyond New York City limits, but was once considered within Queens, though long before the city's multi-borough consolidation in the late 1900s.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
While its awesome to get a shot at an old big east foe, its really friggin' hard to win there against them when they are average. If Rothstein has them that high this will be a really tough challenge.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom