Be thankful | The Boneyard

Be thankful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't usually post on these forums because after losses, this place melts down like our country after the election.

I feel that we should all feel thankful for what Kevin Ollie has done considering the circumstances that he has been put into.
Our most successful coach in history left the program in 2012, and with the postseason ban, players left. We lost Drummond and Lamb to the NBA and Oriakhi to Missouri. Kevin Ollie knew that the core players, such as Napier and Boatright, were surely thinking of transferring to other programs in hopes to advance their chances in becoming successful in the collegiate level.

Kevin Ollie I feel has done an exceptional job because not only has he managed to keep our core players during those days, but he managed to excel in bringing a national championship to the program just 1 season after. Not to mention we finished 20-10 (10-8) in the Big East which was above what most of us were probably expecting.

Next, Ollie proceeded to bring in some pretty good high school kids, and Rodney Purvis as a transfer. He may not have been what we have expected, but is that really down to the coach? After all, it's the players on the court that do the playing while Ollie does his best to give them the keys to to direct everything on the court.

Now following the championship season, we were mighty close to making the NCAA Tournament with a senior leader, and a rather young team that couldn't gel. We had Purvis who just came in, and a host of freshmen who were doing their best to gel. The season after, we made the tournament with 2 transfers coming in and we made the tournament, only to be knocked out by the number 1 overall seed in Kansas who ended up I believe elite eight/final four that season.

So now I ask you. Without Ollie, where would we be? Would we have that championship considering he managed to hold onto Boatright/Napier/possibly Daniels from leaving the program? Ollie is just a few years into the job and I feel that we should get off his back and give him more time to get the players he wants out of high schools and input his philosophy into the players.

Thanks,
HuskyBoi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member