Be Should Negotiate Early Exits For Pitt, Syracuse To Acc, Wvu To Big 12 | The Boneyard

Be Should Negotiate Early Exits For Pitt, Syracuse To Acc, Wvu To Big 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Personally my interest level in conference games has dropped off quite a bit this year. That's due in part to the poor play of the team and the lack of Big East title hopes but it's also due to the fact that we're not going to be in a conference with a lot of these teams 2 years from now. I think it would be best for the Big East to let them leave if they pay a much higher exit fee. Redistribute that money to those who are staying in the conference. If a team leaves the subsequently leaves the conference within some time frame they forfeit their portion of the fee income and have to pay a hefty fee themselves.

I just don't see the upside in forcing long term Big East members to play Cuse, Pitt and WVU when they aren't going to be around any longer. And there is additional downside to this situation in that if one of these 3 wins the Big East the next two years while the conference forces them to stay, then their ultimate departure will leave the conference looking even weaker.

Reaction Score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't having a minimum of 8 teams one of the requirements to maintain an automatic BCS bid? If we let all 3 walk now, given the uncertainty of when the expected schools will join, we'd be screwed next year.

Reaction Score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't having a minimum of 8 teams one of the requirements to maintain an automatic BCS bid? If we let all 3 walk now, given the uncertainty of when the expected schools will join, we'd be screwed next year.

And yet the threads suggesting otherwise will continue to roll in...

Reaction Score
the only reason to let them out is if we fill out the conference adequately without them. if Boise State and company all agree to join, and can do so next year, than letting them buyout might be a good idea, but otherwise it'd be idiotic

Reaction Score
Maybe if we got assurances that it wouldn't affect our BCS status, AND if espn let us take our tv contract on the open market with the new teams in tow. That would have to ne starting point of any negotiations to make it worthwhile to the big east schools left behind.

Shirt of that, no deal.

Reaction Score
I really can't think of any reason to let them out early. Part of the deal the Big East made was that for 2 long years you have to slog through the full schedule of Big East games which you and your fans don't care about and where the opposition really hates you. Tom O'Brien said that was a horrible experience for his BC team. Opponents did things like no hot water in locker rooms, gave them smaller than normal locker rooms, lots of little inconveniences and annoyances beyond the ususal problems on the road.

Reaction Score
If the other other teams really hate it, then I am all for making them play every bloody game. Especially that shmuck Luck. Otherwise get $25 million each.

Reaction Score
If the other other teams really hate it, then I am all for making them play every bloody game. Especially that shmuck Luck. Otherwise get $25 million each.
I'd immediately call ESPN and tell them We"ll take the Mondays for th efollowing games: SU-Pitt, SU-WV, and schedule the Backyard Brawl on Wenesday before Thanksgiving, or better yet, 10 AM Thanksgiving morning.

Reaction Score
To help retain the conference’s Bowl Championship Series automatic-qualifier status? Those standards figure to change when the BCS contracts expire in two years, and if Marinatto irks his fellow commissioners, they may do him no favors when crafting a revised AQ formula.

Oh, I see. If the BE let's them out, then the other commissioners will give BE an autobid!

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
That may be an issue but who really is in charge the NCAA or ESPN and those TV contracts.

Oh, I see. If the BE let's them out, then the other commissioners will give BE an autobid!

Reaction Score
Some things money can't buy. That's why the law has the concept of specific performance. Stay, play and then after the agreed timeframe, just go away!

Reaction Score

Rich I cant understand why you feel WVU is the bad guy here.

Reaction Score
the acc should just grab uconn and rutgers and finish this thing, it's absurd that this has to go on so long. honestly I hope a conference just gives the BE the final nail in the coffin, there's absolutely no excitement in the future of this conference.

Reaction Score
If the other other teams really hate it, then I am all for making them play every bloody game. Especially that shmuck Luck. Otherwise get $25 million each.​
Rich I cant understand why you feel WVU is the bad guy here.​
Glad that you lost today. Hope that you lose every game from here on in and then 0-12 in the Big 12. You and your athletic department thought that you were too good for the Big East. Now you are pulverized by Louisville and the Cuse. You will always be the ugly step sister there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom