Be Proud of What you are | The Boneyard

Be Proud of What you are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Uconn has never been a 'one and done' program. Despite that, we have as many titles in the last 25 years as Duke and Kansas combined. I am damn proud of that. I love that Coach Hurley (and previously Coach Calhoun) had a different mind set. Does that mean that I don't want five star players? Of course not. I just don't live my life feeling inferior to Duke, Kansas or NC. These programs stock pile McDonald's All American players year after year, and constantly under perform. And for the record, I want to see Duke win one without Coach K. These folks will soon realize losing an icon is not easy.

Reaction Score
Uconn has never been a 'one and done' program. Despite that, we have as many titles in the last 25 years as Duke and Kansas combined. I am damn proud of that. I love that Coach Hurley (and previously Coach Calhoun) had a different mind set. Does that mean that I don't want five star players? Of course not. I just don't live my life feeling inferior to Duke, Kansas or NC. These programs stock pile McDonald's All American players year after year, and constantly under perform. And for the record, I want to see Duke win one without Coach K. These folks will soon realize losing an icon is not easy.

Jeremy Allen White Cooking GIF by The Bear

Reaction Score
We're a school that's getting interest from the best recruits in the country. I think we are proud of it.

Reaction Score
The full quote people are questioning was:

"And for the record, I want to see Duke win one without Coach K. These folks will soon realize losing an icon is not easy."

I don't think iluvsuebird meant he actually wants to see Duke win one without Coach K.
But that they are going to find out now how hard it will be to do so. But that's just my take.

Reaction Score
What an odd post
Yeah I thought so, too.

I just don't live my life feeling inferior to Duke, Kansas or NC.

I haven't thought of UConn being inferior to those schools even before #5 this past April and I certainly don't now after #5. I guess I am spoiled and arrogant (shrug).

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The full quote people are questioning was:

"And for the record, I want to see Duke win one without Coach K. These folks will soon realize losing an icon is not easy."

I don't think iluvsuebird meant he actually wants to see Duke win one without Coach K.
But that they are going to find out now how hard it will be to do so. But that's just my take.

It's almost as if adding two words "try" and "to" would have removed any confusion.

"And for the record, I want to see Duke try to win one without Coach K. These folks will soon realize losing an icon is not easy."

Reaction Score
People acting like the "please, please, please, include us as a blue blood now" whining phase never happened. @Iluvsuebird don't let em get to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom