Be Proud of What you are | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Be Proud of What you are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
The full quote people are questioning was:

"And for the record, I want to see Duke win one without Coach K. These folks will soon realize losing an icon is not easy."

I don't think iluvsuebird meant he actually wants to see Duke win one without Coach K.
But that they are going to find out now how hard it will be to do so. But that's just my take.
You're defending Meghan Rapinoe stating publicly here on The 'yard that she wants to see Duke win a Title without Coach K.

Reaction Score
Uconn has never been a 'one and done' program. Despite that, we have as many titles in the last 25 years as Duke and Kansas combined. I am damn proud of that. I love that Coach Hurley (and previously Coach Calhoun) had a different mind set. Does that mean that I don't want five star players? Of course not. I just don't live my life feeling inferior to Duke, Kansas or NC. These programs stock pile McDonald's All American players year after year, and constantly under perform. And for the record, I want to see Duke win one without Coach K. These folks will soon realize losing an icon is not easy.
Gross.

Reaction Score
I don’t know if there’s a stat for this or one that can be made but in a direct comparison of UCONN to Duke through their 5 title period what is the average star ranking of the players in that time?
We overperform with quite a bit less ranked talent. Now we would have gladly taken that talent if we could get it but almost all of the titles were won with teams not favored to do so. It’s happened that when we were favorites (George Mason) it didn’t happen, but far less with us than Duke or say Kansas.
And that usually gives us that underdog vibe which is pretty good, but not this year I guess.

caw

Reaction Score
Uconn has never been a 'one and done' program. Despite that, we have as many titles in the last 25 years as Duke and Kansas combined. I am damn proud of that. I love that Coach Hurley (and previously Coach Calhoun) had a different mind set. Does that mean that I don't want five star players? Of course not. I just don't live my life feeling inferior to Duke, Kansas or NC. These programs stock pile McDonald's All American players year after year, and constantly under perform. And for the record, I want to see Duke win one without Coach K. These folks will soon realize losing an icon is not easy.

There has to be a "don't" missing in that second to last sentence, no? Maybe.

"And for the record, I DON'T want to see Duke win one without Coach K. These folks will soon realize losing an icon is not easy."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom