BE Presidents On Conference Call Now | The Boneyard

BE Presidents On Conference Call Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
With all the buzz about the Big 12... they'd be dumb to do anything except wait.

Reaction Score
The conference is a shell. There is no way, even when the Big 12 falls apart, that the football schools would be willing to try the hybrid model again. Its a failed concept. Cut losses, join the leftovers.

Reaction Score
lets hope that we don't become apart of something similar to what happened with the Big 12 in respect to all the teams coming together promising to keep the conference together....we need to look out for ourselves, either Big 10 or ACC if we get the invite

Reaction Score
At this point the BE is a definitely a shell. I do not want any part of anything other than B1G or ACC.

Reaction Score
actually a split now may not be a good idea until the big 12 demise is confirmed because if it stays together, the big east may not have the requisite 6 teams required to get an automatic bid into any ncaa tournament.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Quick, guys! Villanova, Georgetown, how fast can you guys upgrade your football? PC, Seton Hall, Marquette - how fast can you guys start DI football from scratch? Can you do it in 15 minutes, cause I need it by then. Thanks guys.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
The worst thing would be if someone panics and the Big East ends up adding UCF and ECU... or something equally stupid.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
the BE is dead for football. UCONN, WVU and RU have to be shopping themselves to anyone who will listen.

Reaction Score
Isn't it almost a given that Marinatto is trying to sell adding B12 teams and continuing the hybrid concept? I can't imagine that he is resigning himself to returning to a bball league.

If you are Louisville, Cincy or USF you have to be making the UCONN and RU presidents really uncomfortable on this call. They must be pissed and you know UCONN and RU are talking out both sides of their mouths right now.

Reaction Score
Isn't it almost a given that Marinatto is trying to sell adding B12 teams and continuing the hybrid concept? I can't imagine that he is resigning himself to returning to a bball league.

If you are Louisville, Cincy or USF you have to be making the UCONN and RU presidents really uncomfortable on this call. They must be pissed and you know UCONN and RU are talking out both sides of their mouths right now.

Ville, Cin and USF can be pissed and I fully understand, but it wasn't that long ago that they were part of the CUSA.....I am so pi$$ed at cuse, pit, bcu and tech....I can never, ever root for them again...

Reaction Score
Ville, Cin and USF can be pissed and I fully understand, but it wasn't that long ago that they were part of the CUSA.....I am so pi$$ed at cuse, pit, bcu and tech....I can never, ever root for them again...

I'm not mad at Syracuse or Pitt at all. Once the ACC shifted into "Football Conference" territory (whether they were good or not is irrelevant) this became inevitable. It didn't have to be 14-16, it could have stayed 12--but ACC dipped into BE, and BC, VT, UM went. That sealed this.

Reaction Score
The current climate is far different now than it was in 2003. There was no impending atmoic bomb of realignment going off then, and no reason for anyone in any BCS conference to believe their BCS bid was in doubt, or that they'd end up on the outside looking in. Now, both of those are very real possibilities for a lot of teams, including everyone in the Big East. SU and Pitt did what they needed to do to save themselves, and they were right to do so. UConn and whoever else should operate under the same philosophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom