BE OOC(quick look) | The Boneyard

BE OOC(quick look)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
uconn- battle 4 atlantis-coc and (fsu/harvard/utah possibly), @tenn, ark, harvard
pitt- duq, @tenn, okst(msg)
dep- old spice-minn(tt/ast/wake possibly), miss, mil, @north ill,
cuse- nit(okst/vt/stanford possibly), fl, gwash
lville- @butler, vandy, memphis, coc, @uk
gtown- maui-kansas(ucla/mich/memphis/tenn/duke possibly), @ala, memphis,
cincy- @ga, @xavier, vs ok
shu- charl classic-vcu(gt/stjoe/lsu/nw possibly), auburn, wake, @dayton,
wvu- @msst, @ksu, miami, @baylor
sju- w&m, 2ksports-az(atm/msst possibly), @uk, @det, @duke
nd- det, @mizzu, @gonzaga, @md, indy
prov- ist(N), @uscE, bc, @uri,
usf- vt, odu, @vcu, @kansas, @auburn, clev, @usm
nova- las, @mizzu, 76 classic(bc/ok/stlou/washst possibly), @temple, @stjoe,
marq- par jam(miss/drake/drex/ole/tcu/uva/win possibly), @wisc, @lsu, mil, vandy
ruty- @miami, cancun(ill/richmond possibly), lsu, fl,

Reaction Score
st johns and louisville look to have the toughest...providence's is a joke.

Reaction Score
st johns and louisville look to have the toughest...providence's is a joke.
Yes. St Johns schedule is brutal. Those road games with such a young team does not look good for them. I think they play a game vs UCLA too.

Reaction Score
uconn's a joke... our OOC is terrible
As a fan I also would like to see us play tougher teams. Speculation as to why aside, we should be playing some bigger comp. We are UConn dammit!

Reaction Score
As a fan I also would like to see us play tougher teams. Speculation as to why aside, we should be playing some bigger comp. We are UConn dammit!

I would love a mid major

Reaction Score
see its hard when your in this position of being the national champ, and everyone else is not the national champ, to find competition that actually is better than you.

Reaction Score
see its hard when your in this position of being the national champ, and everyone else is not the national champ, to find competition that actually is better than you.

It does not need to be better, but a top 60 team would be nice. It does not need to be unc or ku, but a Xavier level school would be nice

Reaction Score
It's an anomaly. Tennessee was good when we scheduled them and the Atlantis Tournament ended up being a dud. Next year we'll have Texas, Arizona, and undoubtedly a better preseason tourny.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yeah, Atlantis is killing us. Even so, Tenn/Ark/Harvard isn't exactly world beating. But who knew we were going to be so stacked either?

Reaction Score
We schedule conservatively to begin with and a couple bad breaks caused our OOC to lean towards brutal. UT should have been good if Bruce Pearl hadn't crushed their program last year, for some reason the premier Big East program was matched up in the BE SEC invitational with ... Arkansas, and the Atlantis tourney is weak. A few of the factors are out of Uconn's hands - if UT was as good as we expected, if we were matched up with UK or UF and if the tourney was able to attract some good teams we would be loving the OOC schedule.

Reaction Score
It does not need to be better, but a top 60 team would be nice. It does not need to be unc or ku, but a Xavier level school would be nice
I just like reminding myself how we're the national champions at least a few times a week. today was one of those times.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
We schedule conservatively to begin with and a couple bad breaks caused our OOC to lean towards brutal. UT should have been good if Bruce Pearl hadn't crushed their program last year, for some reason the premier Big East program was matched up in the BE SEC invitational with ... Arkansas, and the Atlantis tourney is weak. A few of the factors are out of Uconn's hands - if UT was as good as we expected, if we were matched up with UK or UF and if the tourney was able to attract some good teams we would be loving the OOC schedule.
Exactly and well stated. There was no way of knowing that these potential strong opponents were going to be duds, outside of Tennessee, before the schedule was established. It is a shame that the team won't develop against some better teams and that the fans excitement level is reduced. On the other hand the team can utilize the relatively inferior schedule to develop the type of play the coaches demand, they can develop confidence in themselves and they can develop a positive attitude. Rather than complain about the schedule, an effort in futility since it can't be changed, I'm going to focus on the development of the team. After all UConn has only one upper class player so it will be one of the youngest teams in the NCAA I would imagine. And they will be led by a sophomore point guard, who, in spite of showing incredible promise last season, no longer has the best point guard in the country to rely on.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
gtown is the toughest
They don't play all those teams in the Maui. Still an incredible number of teams that they will play. St. Johns is just brutal.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
uconn- battle 4 atlantis-coc and (fsu/harvard/utah possibly), @tenn, ark, harvard
pitt- duq, @tenn, okst(msg)
dep- old spice-minn(tt/ast/wake possibly), miss, mil, @north ill,
cuse- nit(okst/vt/stanford possibly), fl, gwash
lville- @butler, vandy, memphis, coc, @uk
gtown- maui-kansas(ucla/mich/memphis/tenn/duke possibly), @ala, memphis,
cincy- @ga, @xavier, vs ok
shu- charl classic-vcu(gt/stjoe/lsu/nw possibly), auburn, wake, @dayton,
wvu- @msst, @ksu, miami, @baylor
sju- w&m, 2ksports-az(atm/msst possibly), @uk, @det, @duke
nd- det, @mizzu, @gonzaga, @md, indy
prov- ist(N), @uscE, bc, @uri,
usf- vt, odu, @vcu, @kansas, @auburn, clev, @usm
nova- las, @mizzu, 76 classic(bc/ok/stlou/washst possibly), @temple, @stjoe,
marq- par jam(miss/drake/drex/ole/tcu/uva/win possibly), @wisc, @lsu, mil, vandy
ruty- @miami, cancun(ill/richmond possibly), lsu, fl,
Thanks for taking the time to post this.

Reaction Score
What is "@ det" @ detroit?

sju doesnt seem too difficult outside uk, duke. and they would lose anyways whether they were playing #1 or #300 without those 3 guys who got ineligible

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
What is "@ det" @ detroit?

sju doesnt seem too difficult outside uk, duke. and they would lose anyways whether they were playing #1 or #300 without those 3 guys who got ineligible

Arizona's a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger