BE nearing tv deal | The Boneyard

BE nearing tv deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
BE nearing tv deal? I hear it's done and they've picked out a nice one.
th

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
One year deal?? WTF does that mean? We get to go through all this fun again in a year when we have even fewer product to offer b/c Louisville, RU, and the C7 will be gone? Hopefully we will be gone by then too but I'm not holding my breath.....

CL82

Reaction Score
One year deal?? WTF does that mean? We get to go through all this fun again in a year when we have even fewer product to offer b/c Louisville, RU, and the C7 will be gone? Hopefully we will be gone by then too but I'm not holding my breath.....
I think it means that our current partners want one more year with our current schools. We will need to make a second deal for the following year wehn most of the institutions will be different. I don't think our current partners want that, having already picked up the c7, so we will need to make the best deal we can with other partners.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I think it means that our current partners want one more year with our current schools. We will need to make a second deal for the following year wehn most of the institutions will be different. I don't think our current partners want that, having already picked up the c7, so we will need to make the best deal we can with other partners.
Who picked up the C7? Did I miss something that said ESPN is signing on with them?

I can understand why the networks are cautious and whatnot but I was hoping that after the Western schools left and all the questions were settled that we'd have something a little more long term. I know UConn and Cincy are still big question marks but then again, what team outside the "Power 5" is NOT a question mark?!? It would be nice to know what network I need to make sure I have so I can catch UConn games. If it's CBS, Cox better get CBS College in HD!

Reaction Score
One year deal.

It has to be a One Year deal.

We have no contract for next winter. We have an 18 school conference. You do that & then you set a different track for 2014-2015 & beyond.

Reaction Score
A one year deal is a sign the networks and conference anticipate some other moves happening. Be it some teams latch on with the C7, or some go to another conference, there's no reason to sign a one year deal unless you think something is changing.

Reaction Score
I hope they are using an erasable ink or have the team names attached to the document like post it notes

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
This will be an interesting litmus test for the future deal. Basically, we know that whatever the per-school amount is for the one year deal will be more than what we're going to get in the new new new big east. Guesses on UConn's take? I say 8.5 mil.

Reaction Score
Blaudshun throws crap against the wall every week and he might have been right twice, so I don't put too much stock in what he says. That being said I think a one year deal is probably in the cards when you consider our product is going to be changing every year for the next few. I think we can probably get much better terms on a one year deal than if we asked a network to guess at what we'll be in 2018. Every year will be an audition.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Basketball has to be a one-year deal - the current deal expires at the end of the season and the conference only has one more year before it effectively ceases to exist.

As per the article, any football deal is still up in the air. The current deal still has a year to run and I'm sure Aresco is having trouble drumming up a lot of competitive interest.

CL82

Reaction Score
Still no long term deal, or even murmers of one.
Reading the tea leaves does that mean that the prevailing bid is so low that Aresco isn't in any hurry to agree to it and confirm the BE's new status, or are their more shoes left to drop?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Aresco is probably a $1MM a year kind of guy, so if he didn't think the money was there for at least a decent contract, he would simply quit the job and go back to media.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
I understand they are shopping Walmart to pick up a couple no name monitors for the new offices. Either that or Arescoo's into transvestites. That's as big a TV deal as they got going on.

Reaction Score
I await the announcement of this contract in the same way I would a horror movie when the pace of the music picks up. Except without the popcorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom