BE/MSG to Host NCAA Tourny Games 2014 | The Boneyard

BE/MSG to Host NCAA Tourny Games 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For the first time in 53 years March Madness will be at the home of the Big East.

From NCAA.com:

NCAA vice president of men’s basketball Dan Gavitt:
"We are thrilled for our hosts for the ’14 and ’15 tournaments, as they include a mix of cities that have proven over the course of several decades how to stage this great event, as well as cities that have come on to the scene in recent years and have embraced the tournament. And we are excited about the tournament returning to the world’s most famous arena. Only three arenas have hosted more tournament games than Madison Square Garden, despite it being more than five decades since the last time it hosted. That gives you a great sense of the historical significance of bringing the tournament back there."

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...nd-sites-announced-2014-2015-ncaa-tournaments

Reaction Score
The inside walk around aisles were perfect, especially for a tournament. It's what made the Garden unique. You could watch while you were walking, and sit with your friends, regardless of tickets.

Now, it's like any other arena, and lost what made it great and special.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The inside walk around aisles were perfect, especially for a tournament. It's what made the Garden unique. You could watch while you were walking, and sit with your friends, regardless of tickets.

I liked the walk-around ability, but overall it's a home run. Wider concourses, you can actually see the outside from in the building, and no more of those horrifically uncomfortable and garish seats.

Man, I hated those colors.

Reaction Score
It never occurred to me that NCAA tournament games had never been played in MSG. That will be cool.

Reaction Score

I agree with you 100%. Loved how the Garden was and when i saw they were renovating i was afraid it would lose its charm just like the new Yankee Stadim. One of the best things about the arena itself was how spacious it was inside. When i was there for the BET last year, i noticed it seemed more compact inside. Im sure that has to do with the removal of the aisles that went around the inside. Maybe now that the other half of the construction is complete it will come together but i still say they should have kept it as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom