BE media day rundown | The Boneyard

BE media day rundown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
On ESPNU it looks like the ACC gets top billing on media day. They squeeze the Big East in between large ACC segments.
The BE is going downhill so fast. Although Williams & coach K have said they would like the ACC to expand to 16 teams with all in the same time zone.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
On ESPNU it looks like the ACC gets top billing on media day. They squeeze the Big East in between large ACC segments.
The BE is going downhill so fast. Although Williams & coach K have said they would like the ACC to expand to 16 teams with all in the same time zone.
North Carolina is the favorite to win it all, but the BE is still the most powerful conference. I didn't see the broadcast to confirm your suspicions.

Brey asking Cuse and Pitt to come back is funny. All he has to say is ND will be joining the BE in football if Cuse and Pitt stay with the league and that will be more effective than begging.

Reaction Score
It is true.....ESPN is squeezing out the BEast. This is no conspiracy theory, but just based on observations. The same for Midnight Madness special...BEast was just squeezed in w/. exception of 'Cuse/PITT.

Reaction Score
Interesting tidbit from Borges' article on where the experts have UConn picked pre-season:

Blue Ribbon Yearbook: 5
Athlon Sports: 4
Sporting News: 4
Lindy’s: 8
ESPN.com: 6
Yahoo ! Sports: 7

I can definitely see UConn picked around 4-5, with good arguments for why UK, UNC, Ohio State, and/or Syracuse picked ahead of them.

Picked 6-7 means that Duke and/or Vandy are likely ahead of UConn. I don't happen to agree, but I can understand that.

But to be picked eighth? Who is ahead of UConn. Louisville? Wisconsin? Florida? Very questionable, Lindy's....

Reaction Score
I think most of those were pre-Drummond. Even the Sporting News at # 4 was pre-Drummond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom